Chapala.com Webboard

Loud Pounding Music all night!

pera

Yup. That says it all for me!! Surely there is more productive discourse we can engage in than complaining about something that has gone on for years. Noise is a cultural norm and isn't going to change in our lifetimes.

Sir the noise is not the issue. They issued a permit in CHAPALA without telling us folks here including our Delagato. Yes I agree noise is

part of our village lives but I would have appreciated knowing that it was going to be noisy everywhere and I could have taken a nap or

visited a friend outside the noise zone. Choice always helps. Believe me the Mexicans are upset also. This is not a cultural problem but

a governance problem in Chapala. I am not a inflexible person and I live near the plaza and have a Carnival ride one foot

from my living room windows in November. The difference is I know it is going to be noisy the last two weeks in November.

Thanks

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fhboy, you dont get it, read loscats post. doers? do what? people have lived here for years, they still dont get it. this is the way it is, end of case. (it wont get better). exactly what do you want from people on this board? if you know the secret answers, than YOU "do". you're living in a mexican town, maybe it hasnt occurred to you.

Sir the noise is not the issue. They issued a permit in CHAPALA without telling us folks here including our Delagato. Yes I agree noise is

part of our village lives but I would have appreciated knowing that it was going to be noisy everywhere and I could have taken a nap or

visited a friend outside the noise zone. Choice always helps. Believe me the Mexicans are upset also. This is not a cultural problem but

a governance problem in Chapala. I am not a inflexible person and I live near the plaza and have a Carnival ride one foot

from my living room windows in November. The difference is I know it is going to be noisy the last two weeks in November.

Thanks

Mainecoon's post specifically sates that Hector was aware of the application for the permit and that he objected to it but Chapala issued the permit anyway.

Hector and his expat committee members (who post here a lot) could have given people in town a heads up about it. Chose not to for whatever reason.

Iron Sheik (your spelling of "sheikh" leads me to think you mean you need a preservativa made of iron?) - the music was disco. The word is Canadian by the way, not Candian. And there wouldn't be so many "dumb dogs" around if Mexicans would stop breeding them indiscriminately or leaving them for compassionate Mexicans and foreigners to rescue.

Canadians are not "nominally" so, Pulelehua, they are part of an independent nation with their own very different history and customs. How insulting. Maybe Mexicans are only nominally Mexican but they are really Guatemalan?

Raves went out of fashion about 10 years ago. As usual, Mexico is 20 years behind it all.

And people, we just saw the flier for the next rave, July 27, so get ready. Location not specified but somebody won't be happy.

Guest verchiel

This is not banda music. It is Techno-Electronica. It is on a recorded loop. There is no live band. It is a Rave, sort of like a dance marathon, and in these modern times, the dancers endure the rave by using stimulating drugs so they can last the night (and day, evidently). I live near the soccer field. We had screams last night in the streets that sounded like women being assaulted, and today we have buses taking people away. But the music goes on. I think if we don't express our displeasure, then the Presidente obviously will feel it is fine to give permits for things like this, and it will happen more often.

We have many eventos places out west, and also big houses on the lakes owned by Tapatios. They have big parties with live banda and rancho bands, and these we do not mind. But this recorded Techno-Electronia beat on a recorded loop, turned up full blast, is ridiculous. What do you bet when they leave that there will be all sorts of trash and used condoms flung around? You can bet on it.

I realize that being of the "older" generation I don't appreciate a lot of things the "younger" generation does but I have a couple of questions:

1) why is it and when did it become the "norm" to party for 24 hours straight? I doubt that just a few years ago this was the Mexican way as some of you are saying! We partied hearty in our youth and enjoyed every minute of it but 24 hours straight? No way man! What purpose does this serve? What is wrong with enjoying 6 or 8 or 10 or even 12 hours and then go home to sleep it off? 12 hours of drinking is enough abuse for anybody's body to endure.

2) why was the party not held in the soccer field in Chapala? why in Ajijic where the mayor of Chapala would not have to loose any sleep? Guess I just answered by own question!

3) better question would be why was it not held in Guadalajara? If they bring young people in by the bus loads from Guad why not just hold the party there and save the enormous amount of money that must go to paying for all these buses. The Rave that was held at the bottom Riberas del Pilar last May?, thankfully did not last as late but I drove down there and counted 13, yes 13 huge buses parked along the roads. These are 48 passenger buses times 13 = 624 people plus there had to have been at the very least 200 cars times 2 people per car = 400. We are looking at over a thousand kids drinking themselves silly, puking everywhere with no regard for anyone but themselves and certainly no regard for the damage done to the property they are destroying! Let them stay in Guad and do their damage in Guad, not in my neighbourhood!!!!!

IMHO we are being nieve and irresponsible by allowing or encouraging our young kids to participate in these raves. If the drinking and drugs involved are not enough then what about the violence that undoubtedly erupts when you get 1000 kids who have been drinking for 12 or 24 hours straight? What happens on the roads when they get in their cars to drive back to Guad, drunk or where ever home is? What will it take to get the supposedly older and more mature public to put a stop to this type of carrying on? Doesn't anyone have any regard for the safety and well being of their children? We need to encourage the mayor to consider the lives of the kids and the welfare of the community that is being disrupted and put that ahead of making a few pesos!

OMG I feel so much better now that I have had the chance to vent!

I live at the top of the hill in Ajijic, a very long ways from this event.

Way up here the music, didn't keep me from sleeping. However, I've been here since 1997, and never do I remember distant music being so loud.

Those of you who were/are much closer than I, must have had a terrible night/experience. Oh the music is still being played but at a much lower level than during the night.

Living in the village on a daily baisis mexicans are quiet, private and reserved. Their language is formal and more polite than engish.

However, when there is a festival or event the table turns and they are noisy, outrageous, uninhibited. I had the pleasure last night watching a soft mannered waiter I know dancing half dressed on a pool table with a pool stick as his partner. The whooping and screaming were over top. The language dramatically changes. This doesn't envolve simply young people. Festivals and events seem to provide some kind of release. I sure somebody more knowledgeable could write a PHd on the subject.

OMG I feel so much better now that I have had the chance to vent!

This Board is excellent for that purpose, as long as people can stay away from personal attacks against others for expressing their opinions.

Brochure announcing another one on July 27 as I said above. Shouldn't we be talking about not having to endure the next one?

I don't think you have a choice, as the Mayor has said that Ajijic is Alive, and evidently he means it. If indeed it happens at the same place, I think there is a "lesson" being taught.

Tell ya what, folks: If it's really too much to think about a second round on July 27th........why don't you do something practical about it, get together as a group; contact one of the travel services and organize a trip to one of the beaches..........Manzanillo is close.

If you take over one of the smaller posadas, you can have seventies music till midnight, dance on the beach, have a barbeque and enjoy yourselves. There is more than one way to skin el gato.........and I doubt very much that beetchin' and such will have have the slightest effect on stopping the coming event. Party down, NOB style instead. Get positive!

Me, I figure on living with the dang "music". Sleep in the next day. Back in SMA before we moved here, they had neighborhood parties every other week in our barrio. We went up on the mirador with a libation, listened and did a little dancing. Most of us didn't move to Mexico for peace and quiet. That's what senior citizens' developments NOB are for. I may be gettin' old, but I ain't dead yet.

Gringal gives good guidance.

Maybe next time Hector and/or his expat committee members will publicize the who/what/where/when of the July event so that people who want to flee may do so. Had he/they done so in advance of this current event, much of this belly-aching could have been avoided.

We have lived here for 13 years and this is the first time that type of noise has been allowed all night. There have been wedding and local parites that lasted all night before stopped off and on by the police, but that kind of window ratling noise has not been heard and we live close to several eventos.

This is no high school party, I had to leave for the airport this morning and the streets were full of Guadalajara cars and buses, the traffic coming into town was non stop this morning by 9 am. many restaurants were full with 20 something year old having breakfast so forget the excuse of high school graduation.

It is good to know there will be another one on July 27th, that gives us plenty of time to arrange an electrical black out for that night.All that electronic racket can be reduced to nothing really quickly if a couple of transformers blow out because of trees ot what ever...

It is good to know there will be another one on July 27th, that gives us plenty of time to arrange an electrical black out for that night.All that electronic racket can be reduced to nothing really quickly if a couple of transformers blow out because of trees ot what ever...

Let us hope no one would be so mean spirited (and criminal) as to deliberatly sabotage the event, not to mention the waste of costs involved to stage it. Can't quite believe what I just read......except that I do.

Perhaps mother nature may have a hand in putting a "wet blanket" on it, as she did for a recent fiesta. Parties staged during the rainy season have their risks, but for someone to do it so they could have a quiet night?????

I went over to the venue this afternoon. Right now, I'm looking at the very professionally produced flyer for the next event on July 27. The producers/promoters of these events apparently are from el D.F., and put on parties in lots of places around Mexico. (Google Odiseo or Ulises Pascual). There's definitely money behind this and it ain't no high school graduation party.

Here's a link to a site that includes music from the producers. Click on the first song and you'll get a taste of what they're playing. (You'll need to open it in a separate window.)It's called techno-electronia / progressive trance, and it makes banda sound like Mozart. :020:

https://soundcloud.com/odiseo

For those of you opposed to the next "happening", I'd suggest you get together with a group of Chapala.com members and go to the event itself. Mix and mingle. That's guaranteed to kill the party. jajaja.

Iron Sheik (your spelling of "sheikh" leads me to think,,,,,,,,,,.

CannedMEX,,,who loves ya babe?? My post was meant mostly as tongue in cheek,,,,,I guess you took it too seriously (lol).

Iron Sheik is/was a funny looking wrestler (look it up) ,,,,,that is why I chose his name. He is soooo old, that I am sure you probably remember him. So the name “Sheikh” cannot be used ,,,may be you can use it for gender ,,,since you don’t have one in your profile (just kidding).

My sincere Deeeeeeeeeep apology regarding the “dumb dogs”. I meant Dumb owners of rescued dogs. You are not one,,,I hope. Try adopting a Mexican child, instead of recuing 50 dogs ,,,,it is more rewarding.

Again,,,you are also correct Americans and Candians (Not Canadians!) are indeed different ,,,one is ,,,,ahhh,,,, never mind (lol)

Sorry for getting off the topic,,,,,,,please continue with “Music is too loud,,,,crime is too high,,,,dogs are too skinny,,,,Mexicans don’t speak English,,,,,food is too spicy,,,,,property values have dropped ,,,,,I am leaving,,,,,,sky is falling”

Gringal gives good guidance.

Maybe next time Hector and/or his expat committee members will publicize the who/what/where/when of the July event so that people who want to flee may do so. Had he/they done so in advance of this current event, much of this belly-aching could have been avoided.

Very true being not notified was the problem. I heard Hector didn't know. Others here have said that he did know and objected and was

ignored. Talk is Hector wants us to go to Chapala tomorrow at 10am and express our opinions. Anybody know anything about this? We got

this from Ajijic Mexican who were Pi**ed about the whole thing. We were shocked at the normal calm Mexicans who couldn't sleep. Maybe

if it were Banda it would have been ok but House/dance/electronic music might be too much for folks. After being a cop at various raves

(big parties) up north I can kinda understand it. I had to wear Ear Covers to be there as ear plugs allowed too much music to hit the

ears.

Tell ya what, folks: If it's really too much to think about a second round on July 27th........why don't you do something practical about it, get together as a group; contact one of the travel services and organize a trip to one of the beaches..........Manzanillo is close.

If you take over one of the smaller posadas, you can have seventies music till midnight, dance on the beach, have a barbeque and enjoy yourselves. There is more than one way to skin el gato.........and I doubt very much that beetchin' and such will have have the slightest effect on stopping the coming event. Party down, NOB style instead. Get positive!

Me, I figure on living with the dang "music". Sleep in the next day. Back in SMA before we moved here, they had neighborhood parties every other week in our barrio. We went up on the mirador with a libation, listened and did a little dancing. Most of us didn't move to Mexico for peace and quiet. That's what senior citizens' developments NOB are for. I may be gettin' old, but I ain't dead yet.

Gringal for PRESIDENT :)

We need more of "you" here :):)

Archived