Chapala.com Webboard

Loud Pounding Music all night!

pera

Live at the top of Villa Nova, all night long pounding boom boom noise some people I guess would call it music. Same beat non stop. Seems to come from just below the carreterra, am amazed that the policia have not stopped it. They had to have been called as the poor people living near them must be going insane. Can only think it has to be a politico or some other influential persons teenage kids having a all night and day party, I believe it is a DJ as now can hear him.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We live just south of the old Sol y Luna on Rio Zula and are being subjected to the same thing (all night and continuing as of now - 8:00 am). It appears to be just east of us. Perhaps it's an effort by speculators to drive down the price of the Billy Moon property :wacko: I now have a better appreciation of why Mexico has such strict gun laws.

We live below Danza de sol and are surrounded by it it is horrible, not music some electronic noise, all night. Obviously the cops have been paid off , it is not something you can ignore, From where we live it could come from anywhere with the mountains and the lake the sound back back ans we cannot tell at all where it is coming from but it is a true nightmare and they are yacking along with it..Hopefully someone can cut off the elctricity to that house....

Probably some wedding or some big celebration by some rich obnoxius Tapatio.

Kids Graduation time & celebrations

That's what I figured too but it doesn't make it any easier to take. I thought it was coming from La Huerta Eventos but oregonduck is east of there and thinks it's east of him. I'd been hoping it would stop at 8:00 . . . . .

The plaza was rowdy last night also. It was noisy all over Ajijic last night. I went to the roof and it sounded like four or five

different loud music. The locals just put out a PA box and played banda to cover it. I used ear plugs. Party night I guess. Try

ear plugs.

Six corners is full of buses and now I remember that my husband asked at the football field why they were setting up huge garbage cans, the man said there were going to be concerts all week-end..All day ..it did not say all night but obviously that is it. too. Who the heck gave them a permit to blast all night? Looks like a question for Hector and the comite for Ajijic.

The noise is deafening and has not let up all night and kids are arriving for the concert . The cartel cann get me to leave but this will and real fast.

I just heard from a neighbor that it is a high school graduation fiesta. It is supposedly going to end within the next hour. A permit was issued for the event. The police are on site to ensure it ends on time. Rumor??? We'll see. Whew...I'll be having a siesta this afternoon, for sure!

An allnight party permit was issue. I would love to know who paid for it. It had to have a permit because the municipal workers were setting up the area. I hope Ajijic got a lot of money for it and can now finish the paving of the streets on that money.

The police said the permit was from Chapala so Ajijic will never see any money. Maybe some of our professional complainers/dis agreerers can call the Presidente's office tomorrow to register their displeasure??

If this was for HS grads, I have no problem with it. It's the same NOB: the idea is to let the kids celebrate in a controlled environment so they aren't out driving drunk. It saves lives.

Yes, here in Mexico the party is louder and longer than NOB. That's part of life in Mexico, the bigger the event, the louder and longer it is.

And yes, we were disturbed by it as well (but from a farther distance than other posters here), but after 9+ years here (and in San Miguel), it's an accepted part of our life in Mexico. .

Just spoke with Hector. He said Chapala issued a permit without his knowledge and he feels that it is an insult to Ajijic. H checked the permit and it is valid and we can expect this noise to go on all day

He asks that the people of Ajijic all go to the president's office to complain to avoid this becoming a precident. He has appointments scheduled for the am and I have to go to Guadalajara for a root canal tomorrow. Anyone willing to organize a group? This is not" political." Residents have every right to speak out on their quality of life issues.

It is a repetitive thumping beat with the same screamed narrative, all recorded. I called Dale Palfrey of the Guad reporter and she will try to get the facts

expats have no voice @ city hall, hector knows this. ajijic is a magic town, this is why i like gated developments. the more magic the more noise. remember the mayor said the new slogan is "ajijic alive"? if you dont like it, you are in the wrong place. you have unrealistic expectations, your not in beverly hills. all this back & forth is from lack of meaningful life. shut the window, go to sleep.

I was told that the permit was for 24 hours, and that they could play loud music all day today but that the 24 hour permit runs out, should they want to play that long, at 6 PM today, Sunday.

I sure hope my source is correct and that they will not be playing music all night tonight

So then where is the "presidents office" as suggested. We live two properties down from this. Our nerves are jagged and we are trying to think of where to go to get away- not the spas as it is sunday. This stinks. Music is fine if it isnt BLASTING. I had thought those of you living up the hill would be hearing it as well. Imagine here. The thread suggests this will go on ALL DAY today (sunday) as well. Is this correct?

Archived