Chapala.com Webboard

No parking, Handicap, pick up after your dog, etc signs,

ChrisB

there are rules in developments & fracs. not that many in town. some streets in ajijic are emacuate all the time. others are a filthy nightmare. life is too short, relax. it is what it is.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am suprised how quickly signs etc., get damaged or go missing...take for example the small bollards place in the cycle tracks.....and have you noticed the steel stakes and rails at the small malacon west of Chapala ,many have been torn up..one left at the side of the highway in Riberas

musicdoc, they are in their own reality. most members are from the same geographic location, use the same terms, references. i dont get 80% of the things i read. it took me one year to know that "NOB" did not mean snob. figured out the "jaja" after many posts. "SAT" is the little town here. "suv", "rv" i see on car posts, i got that. i know "scottdale" is in AZ. maybe there is a large AZ populace here.

Scottsdale az is upscale, trendy kinda place. They actually initiated sign ordinances that were challenged and ended in the Supreme Court. Those ordinances are pretty common today in the states. Maybe the poster views some of the suggestions made as like that of Scottsdale.

remember of the 12 candidates for Delegado Hector Espana won by an overwhelming majority. Those were MEXICAN voters not expat. There are more and more expats becoming naturalized citizens and that is a good thing as is latinos becoming citizens where they live up north.

How many of you nasayers have read the rules of operation of Pueblo Magico?? Or are you just shooting from the LIP?

I guess some rules might work here, like pick up after your dog buy leash your dog? Mexicans dont leash dogs, I think a lot of people here might be better off NOB where there are a lot of rules that seem to make them happier

Mexicans passed the leash law as part of a law re animal cruelty. Many posters on here were just delighted, but they didn't bother to read or care about the leashing part of the law.

Based on direct observation, I know that many Mexicans do leash their small dogs for the dog's own protection, not that it works that way all the time.

A good friend had the terrifying experience very recently of taking her small dog for a walk on the Ajijic malecon, where a large, unleashed dog went straight for her pet's throat and nearly killed her. After many stitches and much expense and anxiety, the pet lived. The large dog that attacked was owned by a gringa, who took no responsibility and left the scene.

Would you like to have that experience? Moving to Mexico doesn't give anyone the right to morph into an inconsiderate, irresponsible person. The difference is that they get away with it here.

I see more and more Mexicans, especially Tapatios on the weekend, walking their dogs on leashes, than ever before. There appears to be a trend that pets are a good thing, and not some soul-less blight running around.

It will not work. I am sorry and I hate so say this but nobody pays attention to signs in Mexico. It is their culture and that is the way it will be for a long time until the culture changes with time and education.

Example: Signs and Trash cans placed by Ajijic Limpio are ignored. They steel the cans and ignore all signs.

I think most people here forget that we are "guests" in this country. Why do people move here if they want to change the culture. Every time I hear a foreigner ask Why do they do this and that? Well, they ask the same thing about us.

If you don't like the culture, why did you move to Mexico? Why do you want to change the Mexicans? Is that why the whole world dislikes Americans? If you don't like here, go home.

In fact, as I recall, back home the only signs like this that work are the ones that threaten fines. And because we know the fines will be levied, we pay attention. But back home our everyday lives are constantly bombarded with rules and threats, and high blood-pressure and heart attacks are commonplace. Not so, here.

It will not work. I am sorry and I hate so say this but nobody pays attention to signs in Mexico. It is their culture and that is the way it will be for a long time until the culture changes with time and education.

Example: Signs and Trash cans placed by Ajijic Limpio are ignored. They steel the cans and ignore all signs.

I don't know how long you've lived here, but the one sign/law that's more or less obeyed is ........the traffic lights and a few others where people of all cultures can be fined or towed. We all know why.

It has teeth.

This assumption about "their culture" is being used by a few too many people who actually know little about it. In fact, just like NOB, people tend to obey signs and laws that can be, and are, enforced with the threat of punishment or fines. It's not about culture, it's about human nature.

I'm not in favor of signs, since they don't improve the looks of things and are generally useless in affecting behavior.

Hector is not enough. You need to get elected those who have an impact on the monies in local government. Maybe it's time for your own party, as there is so much corruption in the existing ones. Otherwise, YOU are paying the bill for all that you want done and changed to make Mexico more like you prefer it.

"as is latinos becoming citizens where they live up north." You can see how these have used the vote and party inpact to make some places NOB more like they prefer it.

Interesting point. However, most of the expats I've talked to aren't committed to remaining here for the rest of their lives, which is why they probably are not going to go the whole mile to become voting citizens. Even if they do, I don't believe they can hold public office, unlike the situation in the United States. Please correct me if I'm wrong about the last.

I'm entering my tenth year here and intend to stay unless something VERY unforeseen happens. During that time, a number of people I've been acquainted with have gone back NOB for various reasons: family matters, health, money.... and just plain fear.

They'll never be running the show here. They will, however, complain......a lot. :huh:

I'll check with my attorney monday as to whether naturalized citizens can hold office. I believe in the US only the president must be native born. will report back monday

I can't see why those who have opted for Mexican citizenship can't organize a group of representatives that can directly and politically adress their concerns to the local government.

Would the naturalized Mexican citizens among us who are interested in forming a committee to do this please raise their hands? Enough for a baseball team?

Next question? What, exactly, are these concerns? Is the cause do-able?

the US busy bodies are @it again! but remember, alienate the wrong person, well......you know the rest. what ever happened to tennis & bridge? keep me posted, its a comical mini seris.

Archived