Chapala.com Webboard

No parking, Handicap, pick up after your dog, etc signs,

ChrisB

Chapala can't afford to give Ajijic any signs. So the newest project of the Delegado's Advisory Committee is Adopt a Sign. For 80 pesos cost we can put up a sign for you. A pole would be extra. Spanish signs - bilingual costs more as the printer does more, probably double.

Some suggestions:

No Parking

Handicap Parking

Please respect our park

Please respect our plaza

Please pick up after your dog

others??????????

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the blue/white handicapped ramp sign does not fit into the town. it is contradictory to what a PMs aesthetic is about- another eyesore. do it green w/white letters, or pink & green, like nature. green was a good color for the gabage cans which hang off the poles. i understand anti american sentiment world wide. yes i know, you are here, & they better get used to it!! the locals started acting out a bit over 10 yrs ago, big attitude change. i like rules, thats why i am behind a big gate. thats why i also lived in fracs. stay w/planting, make things nice. forget this public institutional approach.

My Mexican neighbor and I both have "no parking" signs on our garages. For the most part, they are ignored. My neighbor uses his truck for work and has been pinned in many times. So, he filled two large containers (larger then paint cans) with cement and placed one on each side of his driveway. They are heavy. Not so heavy that a couple of strong armed men can't roll them up on the sidewalk, which they do on occasion. The way it is.

The signs were requested by the Delegado and will be installed according to his wishes and by his personnel.

No Parking - Does Chapala have these? Ajijic can't get any to install where needed,i.e.,sw corner of Colon/Madera and Independencia

Handicap Parking - Does Chapala have these? Ajijic can't get any to install where needed

Please respect our park - suggested by a MEXICAN BUSINESSMAN

Please respect our plaza - see above

Please pick up after your dog - Chapala has signs on the malecon. Who can argue that we need some of these??

We are not guests here. We and many others have made a commitment to make a life here. Nuf said

agreed the administration has to work on getting police to enforce things.

The signs were requested by the Delegado and will be installed according to his wishes and by his personnel.

No Parking - Does Chapala have these? Ajijic can't get any to install where needed,i.e.,sw corner of Colon/Madera and Independencia

I know the problem you're trying to address in this case....and there are other similar spots around town. When someone is parked at those spots, vehicles feeding from the other one way street cannot access them.

Instead of a sign (or yellow painted curb....ha!), wouldn't it be more effective to make it IMPOSSIBLE for somebody to park too close to the intersection by extending the curb a few feet out into the street? Cheap. Easy. Effective. Almost permanent. And impossible to ignore (unlike a sign).

so these signs were "requested" by the delegate...... ok, so why doesnt city hall pay? so the municipal requests that expats pay for the public sector? i heard that correctly. there is something very wrong w/this picture. then again, its your choice. ps i dont consider myself a guest either. i pay enough to stay here plus other taxes. some of us didnt come to subsidize the govt, as they have $. i find it a poposerous concept, as well as a way to ruin anything visually that has remained in the town. bennie is done w/this topic.

Chapala can't afford to give Ajijic any signs. So our newest project is Adopt a Sign. For 80 pesos cost we can put up a sign for you. A pole would be extra.

Some suggestions:

No Parking

Handicap Parking

Please respect our park

Please respect our plaza

Please pick up after your dog

others??????????

My favorite on the highways is "No Maltrate las Señales."

Archived