Chapala.com Webboard

may not need to replate your car

This blog has an article about keeping your foreign plated vehicle.

You will need to scroll down to "Are we confused yet".

My friend,that forwarded this,is in the process,now.He told me it was about 2000 pesos.

Sounds too good to be true...I do have my fingers crossed.

We want to keep our car,2-3 thousand bucks is a little steep.

Let me know what you think.

www.vivaveracruz.com

I read it. No real information just speculation and one unconfirmed report with no real information. A rhetorical piece, not worth much. IMO

If you want to drive around with a Residente Permanente visa in your foreign plated vehicle, no valid TIP, just do it.

The real problem is if you cause a bad accident and your vehicle is illegally in Mexico.

Otherwise many, it appears, probably 10s of thousands, on FM3/FM2 non lucritiva, no inmigrante, and inmigrante rentista visas have been driving around with cancelled TIPs, some for as long as 10 years because they unknowingly did do go to an ADUANA office with their newest INM document and a freeform letter and their original TIP documents and copies of all to have their TIP NOT cancelled. They seem to not have had many problems.

It said the permission documents are $2,000mx, not nationalizing.

Getting a TIP for $200 USD if you vehicle is old enough is not a big deal. The OP wrote, "We want to keep our car,2-3 thousand bucks is a little steep." which is the cost of nationalizing so I have to assume he is referring to something in the blog that explains nationalizing for less money.

Getting a TIP for $200 USD if you vehicle is old enough is not a big deal. The OP wrote, "We want to keep our car,2-3 thousand bucks is a little steep." which is the cost of nationalizing so I have to assume he is referring to something in the blog that explains nationalizing for less money.

Dude, did you read the blog? It has nothing to do with TIP or nationalization. It has to do with a letter of permission issued in D.F.

“I just found out today that someone with a Visa [Residente] Permanente did get permission to continue driving a Canadian plated car here [in Mexico]. The letter of permission is issued by a govt office in DF, not customs. My information source is Lidia of the Hotel Delfines [an attorney in Puerto Escondido].

Hope this info may be of use to someone.”

Dude, did you read the blog? It has nothing to do with TIP or nationalization. It has to do with a letter of permission issued in D.F.

“I just found out today that someone with a Visa [Residente] Permanente did get permission to continue driving a Canadian plated car here [in Mexico]. The letter of permission is issued by a govt office in DF, not customs. My information source is Lidia of the Hotel Delfines [an attorney in Puerto Escondido].

Hope this info may be of use to someone.”

I'm not a dude, If you knew what was stated to what he was referring that made driving a foreign plated vehicle with a permanente allowable, why didn't you just post that in the first place. Your rudeness is inexcusable.

I'm not a dude, If you knew what was stated to what he was referring that made driving a foreign plated vehicle with a permanente allowable, why didn't you just post that in the first place. Your rudeness is inexcusable.

Joco, here we go with the "personal snipping". This is what gets the topic closed down by the Moderators. All that was needed to be said, was "If you knew what was stated to what he was referring that made driving a foreign plated vehicle with a permanente allowable, why didn't you just post that in the first place."

"Your rudeness is inexcusable", was not necessary.

Why can't we be just a little bit kinder in our remarks?

I posted a direct link so as to make it easy to find exactly what the OP was referring to. That is pretty clear if you follow the link and read the material. I have the same reaction as some others, this sounds dicey to me. There have been so many scams about cars we should all be super wary at this point IMO.

Referring to other posters as "dude" probably isn't going to win friends or influence people. Just sayin'.

Referring to other posters as "dude" probably isn't going to win friends or influence people. Just sayin'.

100# AGREE. Lacks class.

"Your rudeness is inexcusable", was not necessary.

Why can't we be just a little bit kinder in our remarks?

Calling someone "dude" is rude, why not just cite the information instead of being insulting. Maybe name calling doesn't offend you.

I posted a direct link so as to make it easy to find exactly what the OP was referring to.

I went to the page and I guess it was so boring to read my eyes glazed over and I missed it.

Archived