Chapala.com Webboard

My Meeting with the transito Jefe today (June 24, 2013)

Intercasa

Someone who directs these events should know how to properly frame the issues and have reviewed the law beforehand in order to dispute any erroneous information on the spot and clarify it so people don´t leave all bewildered and scared with poor information.

Agreed. The transito officers were invited there to talk about morditas, though. The organizers could reasonably have anticipated that the questions would stray into all aspects of vehicle info - especially the new stuff, though. Terry Vidal was there, and he was good at nailing points. But, it would have been more interesting to have Spencer there to frame questions in the right way.

On the other hand (how many does that make now?), the officers cannot be expected to know the intricacies of case law. And they probably would have felt ambushed by such an approach, as if they were on trial (which Terry said we shouldn't subject them to as his guests).

From my own perspective (I was there as a reporter), what they were doing was telling us how the transito officers interpret the laws and act on those laws - which in itself is useful to know. It may not be the way the courts interpret the laws. That's the essence.

This should not actually be a reply to Maincoons comment.... I messed up my post, sorry. Ignore the Maincoons reference, above. I am getting used to this tiny android tablet..... but making errors. I can not figure out how to edit the Maincoons reference above. Mods: feel free to delete if need be.

I cut and pasted the contents of my post here:

I am SOOOOOO happy I do not have to take the Jalisco driving test that I will pay for half of a membership for Spencer! Anybody else want to pitch in? All the free legal advice we get here, it would be nice to do this and then Spencer would know about these presentations and could ask to participate.

PM me if you are interested. Then of course, we have to agree and talk him into dropping by for the photo and to fill out the application!

From my own perspective (I was there as a reporter), what they were doing was telling us how the transito officers interpret the laws and act on those laws - which in itself is useful to know. It may not be the way the courts interpret the laws. That's the essence.

What is pertinent is the officers need to know the laws which include court decisions and they should be instructed in the law by their boss who doesn't appear to know the law.

If LCS invited one attorney working in this area, then they'd have to invite them all.

I don't agree. This is Mexico, not NOB. This is NOT common practice is this country. Mexico is a Democracy in name only, we all should realize that by now.

Valgal, I didn't say that. could you please edit your post and then I'll delete this one.

Sorry about that. Don't know what I did there. I am now using my old MacBook so I can see a lot better than trying to type on my android phone or tablet.

Archived