Chapala.com Webboard

Kennel / Doggie Daycare / Veteranarian Col. Providencia Italia?

We are moving to Guadalajara in July. We are bringing Wrigley, our dog. He is used to doggie daycare a few days a week and we will occassionally need kennel services when we travel for short periods and veteranarian services. We will be living near my job at ASFG in Col. Providencia Italia in Guadalajara. Suggestions greatly appreciated

Stan and April and Wrigley the Beagle

There is a Doggy Day Care called A Dog Company located near the new Costco on Lopez Mateos. Dra Luz Perez has an office on Manuel Acuna (petlandia.com) and she is the greatest! I don't know Guadalajara well enough to know if either of these are anywhere close to where you will be living.

There is a Doggy Day Care called A Dog Company located near the new Costco on Lopez Mateos. Dra Luz Perez has an office on Manuel Acuna (petlandia.com) and she is the greatest! I don't know Guadalajara well enough to know if either of these are anywhere close to where you will be living.

I live in Zapopan -10 min from col.Providencia -on the border of GDL & Zapopan

Highly recommend- Dr. Luz Maria- She was my vet at Lakeside and her new office is 10 min to Col. Providencia - but her office hours are American - closes at 5 or 6pm-- for working people in Guadalajara closes too early

Most vets in the city stay open until 8pm -Sat until 2pm- My vet Dr Arturo at Hospital Veterinario Universidad- ave Patria - across from Autonoma University 5-10 min from Providencia tel 3641 7232 is also very caring and they have wonderful Pet Grooming service - I use 2 times a month- bath only 125.00 MXN. spotless/ air conditioned full service.

Have never heard of a Doggie Day Care program in this part of city---- Mexican friends who are full time employed (1 who works in Providencia) also have dogs who stay alone all day at home- they would use it for sure if one existed. I'll ask my Vet next week

Ask your co workers about it- They may know one that Mexicans don't know about---

--please post the info here if you find one -----My dog would love it also

Welcome to Mexico

Costco on Lopez Mateos is not in the city - It's a suburb -south of Providencia- 30 min to 1 hr depending on traffic one way

IF OP has address or phone of one near Costco - please post- Maybe they know of another in the city

Thank you all for your suggestions. I just emailed A Dog Company in Providencia. Our needs are access to quality dog food, infrequent vet needs, kenneling for those times we must be away.

We have been very spoiled, where we currently live. We have a door to door pick up drop off daycare service for the equivalent 130 pesos a day and a great ranch setting for the kennel and daycare..... :)

I see this is a problem for many, as I negotiate the terrain of this I will share my findings....

Archived