Chapala.com Webboard

Doctor for Thyroid Issues

I have been having thyroid issues and recently went to an endocrinologist who visits Lakeside but I don't feel any confidence in him. I would like to see one who specializes in thyroid issues and wonder if anyone else has been on thyroid medication yet continued to have the symptoms of thyroid disease, and then found someone here who got things turned around. Does anyone have personal experience with this or recommendations to make?

As an aside, you should get familiar with the work of Broda Barnes, md, phd --deceased-----who spent his entire career studying thyroid. From my own experience years ago, he was correct. His book is very easy to read and understand, and should be in print. He recommended only non synthetic thyroid (armour); did not use blood test since diagnosis of low thyroid is determined by basal (under the arm) temperature first thing in a.m. while still in bed----------if temp is below 97.8 (i believe), that means low thy regardless of blood test. As you gradually increase dose of the drug, basal temp should increase until, when it reaches normal level, symptoms should disappear------this was my experience with elimation of depression. There is a Broda Barnes Foundation in the u.s. for book and info.

I agree that the tests are not very sensitive. I don't have a low thyroid and I have never been overweight but a doctor I knew who ran a weight loss clinic said any woman who had two or more pregnancies, not babies but pregnancies, and who was overweight, he automatically put on thyroid medications. If they felt better, then that was the problem. It only takes a few days to notice a difference.

I don't think you need a prescription for thyroid meds in Mexico.

Gimpychimp, you might be interested in taking a look at this website ; Naturalthyroidhormones@yahoogroups.com Lots of real-life information from people with this problem

Also Erfa Thyroid prescription.....this is a Canadian company.

The only thing offered here are the synthroid tablets, but one size does not fit all.

Finding the correct prescription can be a trial and error procedure, but there are clinics outside of Mexico that specialize in this condition, good luck.

I have been having thyroid issues and recently went to an endocrinologist who visits Lakeside but I don't feel any confidence in him. I would like to see one who specializes in thyroid issues and wonder if anyone else has been on thyroid medication yet continued to have the symptoms of thyroid disease, and then found someone here who got things turned around. Does anyone have personal experience with this or recommendations to make?

Dr Alberto Solano Sanchez F,A,C,P Fellow American College of Physicians

Endocrinologia y Diabetes -Medicina Interna

Highly recommended for Thyroid treatment-

Tarascos 3428

FTE Hospital Del Carmen

Frac Monraz, GDL

Tel 3813 2380

Archived