Chapala.com Webboard

Rainy Day in Mexico City

More Liana

Ok what is a rainy day in Mexico CIty like, I think big cities are the only place where I enjoy the rain because they are many interesting things to do inside!

I hate the rain in the country but it does not bother me in a big city. What does one do in Mexico City during a rainy day?

Well, on this rainy day we are getting ready to leave for New York--so it's atypical. Getting down suitcases, making sure all the house chores are done, leaving notes for the house sitter. Judy played her cello for quite a while, lovely. And I wrote an article. Our comida was from our faithful rosticería around the corner--wonderful roast chicken!

A rainy night in Ajijic: Wake up at 3am to a ridiculously loud downpour. Jump out of bed and move through the house shutting all the windows, shoving the furniture on the terrace into the interior to keep in semi-dry, then stand at the edge of the terrace getting wet, watching the magnificent lightening and delighting in the torrential rain. With a cigarette. (I know, I know...)

Have a great trip to NY!

lightening |ˈlītn-iNG, ˈlītniNG|
noun
A drop in the level of the uterus during the last weeks of pregnancy as the head of the fetus engages in the pelvis.

Seldom witnessed or experienced by expat retirees on the shores of Lake Chapala and a very vague memory for fewer than half of them.

lightning |ˈlītniNG|
noun
The occurrence of a natural electrical discharge of very short duration and high voltage between a cloud and the ground or within a cloud, accompanied by a bright flash and typically also thunder: a tremendous flash of lightning.

A truly shocking experience for golfers; often their last.

It depends on where you are from. I grew up where people said lightning, or rather, laitning. :)

Laht-nin: Where we live in Michoacán, they call it "rayos de luz", or even "cuchillos de luz".

En Michoacán hace varios años se le cayó a un amigo un rayo y lo mató. Ojo con los rayos. In Michoacán few years ago, a lightning bolt hit a friend and killed him. Be careful with lightning.

This is true, his name was Emilio Gutiérrez Cortés.

Mainecoons, it's been raining on and off here for the last two days, sometimes pouring but mostly just a drizzle. Cloudy all day.

If it's heading for you, I hope it blows out of here tonight or in the morning. We're flying to NY in the afternoon and I hate to fly in 'bad' weather.

Archived