Chapala.com Webboard

Pueblo Magico designation

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Underground utility lines would be great. It would make a huge difference in the esthetics of the town.

Would the streets be dug up? Would they be put back correctly in order not to create the largest bachis? Every time the cobblestones are removed to fix a water line in our neighborhood, it becomes a bachi, as the dirt is not tamped down and the cobblestones are not replaced correctly, but just tossed in without care. If that could be supervised, go for it!

the village has trash pickup six days a week and businesses seven. The ordinance is that no trash is to go out before 7 am. Maybe the bell idea should come back. Some of my neighbors have no problem putting trash out sat noon knowing that it won't be picked up until 7 monday. Usually it is the foreigners who do this especially renters.

I've seen people drive by and drop their trash, so even if the municipality had staff to fine people accuracy would be almost impossible. Perhaps some of our more brilliant posters could suggest a solution? I've seen trash magically appear with no way to know where it came from. Fines are possible.

Some governments (the ones that have a lot of pride in their country) seem to require everything be done in "their" language. Wastes a lot less of their money that could be spent on their citizens, no? :)

In the US and Canada the government is simply following the law by making some things bilingual.

But see thaat is it. People drive by and drop trash. if you see the same thing every day report it to the Delegado's office and hector will issue a warning and if necessary a fine. People have sent my husband picture phone fotos which are irrefutable proof. One property in Villa Nova is about to be fined..

Please start a trash thread if you are endlessly fascinated by it.

I am interested in Pueblo Magico (the topic of this thread) and still do not know where in the process Ajijic is and what changes it needs to make to qualify. I am one of those people who cares about the whole Lakeside area and enjoy spending time in the various villages. I take my visitors around to places around the lake. So, I am interested in what happens to this entire area not just the place where I live.

Archived