Chapala.com Webboard

Texas consulate for VISA only

solajijic

I want to get my Temporal VISA when driving thru Texas this summer. Somewhere in this section someone told about their going to Laredo to get their VISA and included a particular persons name. I can't find that reference so if anyone else knows of that process I would appreciate hearing your experience at Laredo. San Antonio, Austin or Dallas consulates are also possible.

I just heard of someone who needed to get a Permanente visa as quickly as possible (house sale) and rather than dick around with it down here amid all the chaos, chose to take a bus to Laredo and apply at the Consulate. They managed to get the "pre-approved" visa in one day....a long day at the Consulate but nonetheless, one day. They said the info on-line was very clear regarding what they had to provide paperwork-wise etc., and that the folks at the Laredo office were helpful and professional. Spent the night in a hotel and came back here to finish the process, which they're obviously hoping goes smoothly and quickly. This is second-hand info, so FWIW.

Archived