Chapala.com Webboard

Another Way To Nationalize Legally

Ajijic

"Now you've probably read that the Federales have an agreement with Aduana and are the only entity entitled to confiscate a car. Wrong. Hacienda drives around in unmarked vehicles with their flashing lights inside on the dash."

http://www.shcp.gob.mx/LASHCP/campanas_digitales/Paginas/que_es_el_sat.aspx

Hacienda [sHCP] is the secretaria that is responsible for SAT which is part of ADUANA so hacienda is ADUANA and is SAT and is all one secretaria, not separate.

So your conclusion is incorrect in regards to ADUANA and the Federal Police.

Of course we might think from your statement ADUANA cannot check vehicles before deciding to impound them or confiscate vehicles ONLY the Federal Police can "check" vehicle for legality but you have it wrong. ADUANA does stop and check vehicles and can do this. Using the word hacienda and ADUANA are synonymous in this case, not separate.

Also if the Federal Police impound a vehicle they have to contact ADUANA to do the paperwork to confĂ­scate it, not the other way around as you indicate, or levies fines etc.

Allow me to clarify. Many expats think that the only eyes out there on their UCD plates are "Federales marked vehicles", ie. dark blue. Hacienda/Aduana drive around in unmarked vehicles of all colors. So I suppose one can run (from the dark blue cars) but they can't hide.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just do not understand why people want to take other channels to nationalize their vehicles. There might be easier ways but not legal unless it's done by an approved custom agent at the border.

Why do we keep having this discussion when people are legally getting their cars legalized without going to the border?

I personally got a Jeep Wrangler, 2006, NAFTA legalized and plated (checked and verified thru the MX computer) by using a broker at Guad airport.

Exactly how it was done, I don't know or care. Just that it got done without me having to drive 1400 miles, pay the gas and tolls, food, lodging etc.

There are people here like S&S Auto that are doing the same thing and I've checked a few of those and they look legal also.

This whole thing has been blown out of proportion........

If you are Permanente, you should get MX plates, a MX license and MX insurance. Then you don't have to dodge the cops or be a target for them

There are limitations on where one can drive a UCD plated vehicle. If he was shopping at the Mega store was he in a city where UCD plates are prohibited? In most of the major cities like Guadalajara UCD plates are not allowed.

I know many people here get their information from their gardeners, maids, mechanics but I didn't do that NOB and I won't do that here. Too many people rely on gossip and the more salient the gossip the more believable they think it is.

I haven't read that anyone thinks the federales are the only law enforcement who can stop questionable vehicles.

If someone is curious about UCD plates why go through all the hassle of writing and just call UCD and ask? I'm sure there are many bi-lingual people who can call. I don't know why a letter from the governor's office would be hard to translate. Did you try Google Translate? I don't think the translation needs to be official just a decent translation so you can understand it.

Ajijic has posted here and on other boards for years. I have yet to read when he was wrong. He has been the first to post all the new changes about INM months before the changes were made locally. If Ajijic is wrong about UCD plates it will be the first time he has been wrong and I am sure he will offer many mea culpas.

Why do we keep having this discussion when people are legally getting their cars legalized without going to the border?

I personally got a Jeep Wrangler, 2006, NAFTA legalized and plated (checked and verified thru the MX computer) by using a broker at Guad airport.

Exactly how it was done, I don't know or care. Just that it got done without me having to drive 1400 miles, pay the gas and tolls, food, lodging etc.

There are people here like S&S Auto that are doing the same thing and I've checked a few of those and they look legal also.

This whole thing has been blown out of proportion........

If you are Permanente, you should get MX plates, a MX license and MX insurance. Then you don't have to dodge the cops or be a target for them

totally agree, get MX plates. My neighbor had s&s try to do this and 6 months later nada. Too many people trying to do this since so many of us are now going Residente Permanente. Do it the right way ad get it over with.

Thanks Joco.

Alan and JRM... Linda Warren and Tonys are simply misinformed and for some reason believe making inaccurate fear-filled comments will be harmful to those nationalizing cars without a trip to the border. We have several cars in progress including from Manzanillo and UCD and my wife has gone so far as to say your funds are fully refunded if the pedimento does not come through or not illegal. It is even written on receipts.

As to those who get UCD plate (separate from nationalizing) for a fee of less than $100 in first year and $35 in subsequent years their is a video which explains what happened in Guanajuato state. Those who spread the fear need to watch the video.

It was Aduana impersonators who stopped cars. There are no Aduana staff in Guanajuato state and Hacienda does not stop cars.

When one does not know the relationship between Aduana and SAT their posts loose all credibility. Linda Warren has tried on several web boards to embarrass me and my wife and attack our integrity as she is doing here with no success.

The person in charge of UCD for our state has an agreement with the Governor of this state to nationalize cars virtually akin to S&S and Guadalajara airport have a process. As JRM states their pedimentos are proving legal. The man in charge of UCD as I noted we have met many times. My wife communicates with him daily. He works at least 6 days a week and often 12 hours a day and often on Sundays representing the campesinos (farmers). Their organization throughout Mexico has hundreds of thousands of members akin to the farmers co-op in say Canada. They have similar or even better agreements in other states. In Chihuahua the UCD nationalizing fee is much less and non-NAFTA vehicles can be nationalized.

All expats are doing is trying to follow the ever changing law regarding especially Permanent Residents and their vehicles, including us.

We are doing it legally and spend hours every day communicating with clients and UCD. We are going slow to ensure everything is correct. We have many waiting to nationalize as we know of no one else able to nationalize from anywhere in Mexico without leaving their home. We can even nationalize some trailers. The biggest hurdle so far has been getting Aduana to accept the two page registration form from British Columbia, Canada. Those documents are combined with the document from the government run insurance and are "foreign" to Aduana. Even in Nogales it has been reported these BC registrations have generated a need to pay 2500 pesos extra so a broker can "generate" a new relationship. Thankfully, the man in charge of UCD for the state worked for Aduana for many years and this problem may be resolved today, legally and without additional payment.

We do know a way to nationalize non-NAFTA vehicles through UCD in Chihuahua as we described to Mainecoons. Unfortunately it is more complicated and cost is about 33,000 p.

And, yes UCD asked my wife to be their sole contact in San Miguel and area working through their office. Any expat who goes to their office is given her business card. Their staff do not speak English; they have limited computer skills; they can not run to the bank to make deposits as their is only one staff at a time nor do they want to be in possession of large sums of money; the various forms of registrations and titles are foreign to them and in English. Nor does the head of UCD for the state want to or has the time to build a working relationship with others when he has Sonia whom he respects and trusts. Making mistakes when a typical transaction is 20,000 p or more and a guarantee of repayment if not complete is not his first choice. It seems my wife's success is an irritation but I applaud her intelligence and resourcefulness. She has worked for 8 months on this project. Sonia is highly respected in this city and senior staff at INM, Venta, Presidencia (including our mayor), Seguro Popular, DIF (INAPAM), UCD, municipal police and hundreds of clients. She has been very successful.

Allow me to clarify. Many expats think that the only eyes out there on their UCD plates are "Federales marked vehicles", ie. dark blue. Hacienda/Aduana drive around in unmarked vehicles of all colors. So I suppose one can run (from the dark blue cars) but they can't hide.

Ajijic is discussing in this tread nationalizing vehicles through UCD so the plates on a vehicle will be exactly the same as a vehicle nationalized at the border or through other legit brokers. In Jalisco a UCD nationalized vehicle will have Jalisco plates. What Ajijic is stating is that nationalizing through UCD is less money.

I have lived and still maintain a condo in San Diego. US Customs has hundreds of marked and unmarked vehicles checking everything there as it is on the border and a sea port not only vehicles. I have seen 10 US Customs marked vehicles full of uniformed men going into a warehouse with guns drawn etc. and so does the Border Patrol all over California and in most states. So what else is new if it happens here also. Nothing to worry about. IMO

Joco stated:" I know many people here get their information from their gardeners, maids, mechanics but I didn't do that NOB and I won't do that here. Too many people rely on gossip and the more salient the gossip the more believable they think it is."

Now this is one of the most revealing statements that explains so much of what a few Expats post that is pure gossip AND WHERE THEY GET IF FROM.

MY WIFE AND I READ NEWSPApeRS, WATCH NEWS ShOWS AND RELY ON THOSE FOR IMFORMATION ABOut the state of affairs in Mexico and abroad.

Those that trust a working class perception of modern day Mexico coming from the mouth of someone that more or less is uniformed and gullible for the most part usually only get gossip spread around and the attitude all officials in Mexico are corrupt and incompetent.

Low class rhetoric at best, total ignorance at worst and malicious towards authority of any kind. Resentment in the lower classes here runs very deep and if you have a bit of intelligence, information coming from them is to be avoided at all cost least you also should become tainted and prejudice as many of them are.

Joco stated:" I know many people here get their information from their gardeners, maids, mechanics but I didn't do that NOB and I won't do that here. Too many people rely on gossip and the more salient the gossip the more believable they think it is."

Now this is one of the most revealing statements that explains so much of what a few Expats post that is pure gossip AND WHERE THEY GET IF FROM.

MY WIFE AND I READ NEWSPApeRS, WATCH NEWS ShOWS AND RELY ON THOSE FOR IMFORMATION ABOut the state of affairs in Mexico and abroad.

Those that trust a working class perception of modern day Mexico coming from the mouth of someone that more or less is uniformed and gullible for the most part usually only get gossip spread around and the attitude all officials in Mexico are corrupt and incompetent.

Low class rhetoric at best, total ignorance at worst and malicious towards authority of any kind. Resentment in the lower classes here runs very deep and if you have a bit of intelligence, information coming from them is to be avoided at all cost least you also should become tainted and prejudice as many of them are.

I guess I ain't nothing but a hound dog because I don't trust government officials anywhere. I do find it amazing that newcomers here would never ask someone who works for them NOB about any legal information but they take what their maids and mechanics here say as Gospel. I guess because they are Mexican they must an inside source to the correct information.

I guess I ain't nothing but a hound dog because I don't trust government officials anywhere. I do find it amazing that newcomers here would never ask someone who works for them NOB about any legal information but they take what their maids and mechanics here say as Gospel. I guess because they are Mexican they must an inside source to the correct information.

One reason is here it is very hard to be part of the middle class and even harder to become involved it the upper middle class if you don´t marry into it, especially if you are retired and don´t have any influence other than being someone´s customer or employer.

If not retired and own a good sized business that is different.

You become part of the Expat socioeconomic class and usually are excluded form inside opinions except as you stated. Reading the newspaper, watching news shows and reading reliable internet sources, outside opinions, is helpful as long as they are not tainted with rhetoric as some have posted here, not all by any means, but some.

John Garvin seems to think I'm trying to discredit him. Has he been wrong on his answers on web forums in the past? Yes. Many of us have. It's touch and go at times, but I don't have a personal vendetta here. Someone asked if a UCD plated vehicle was being driven in San Miguel where they are (supposed) to be ok. Yes. Hacienda confiscated it. The lawyer dealt with Hacienda, got the fine cancelled but Hacienda kept the vehicle.

The ONLY thing I take exception to is:

1. UCD rep in Dolores Hildago is a salaried employee. Who have him permission to give all the nationalization business to John's wife? Does the head of UCD know? Doesn't that form a monopoly to exclude our many trusted San Miguel facilitators? Is there a kick back happening? (just sayin......)

2. Where on the internet, news channels, newspapers does it say UCD has received Federal approval to nationalize its vehicles? (nada) John keeps referring to the Governor of Guanajuato and then says Federal approval in other posts. Which is it? The "letter" from the Gov of Gto does not mention no confiscation possible -- and, most importantly, makes no reference to the immigration status of the driver but the innuendo is that UCD is for nationals......poor farmers.

3. Why is there no disclosure of the "authorized" customs rep they're using at the border to process nationalizations? What's the secret? Doesn't that sound rather suspicious?

4. A refund of monies deposited to secure nationalization is being offered. But if the Pedimento isn't

in order and the car is illegal after the legal time lapse has passed for PRs.....and God forbid the

car is confiscated, what happens then? Do John and his wife buy you a new car?

These items may sound speculative and somewhat fear-mongering, but when one posts on a public forum soliciting business these are simple questions that need to be answered.

Nothing personal.

It seems to me "sanmiguelfemale" that you are objecting to John and his wife because they are proactive in helping permanent resident holders and perhaps others, legalize their vehciles. And yes, your posts do read as a personal.attack against them. Give it up.

Odd how a person such as Linda Warren can imply my wife is doing something illegal. Sounds like a personal attack to me.I thought they were not allowed.

Separate from nationalizing, as to UCD plates one gets for 600 p, each person who has these plates carries a letter from the Governor stating car is legal and can not be confiscated for the simple reason of these plates. A video I posted addresses this situation. The head of UCD knows of no car being confiscated for the simple reason of UCD plates. He has been asked directly by my wife. Keep in mind, UCD promises any fines etc resulting solely from having a UCD plate and they will reimburse the person. Now if Linda Warren wants to publish name of lawyer she is referring to on Monday we will go to the lawyer's office and ask and publish the outcome.

Of course, Aduana is a federal agency. Of course, the Governor is a state agency.

And, when pedimento comes, they are checked immediately to ensure they are correct and authorized. So how would a car be confiscated? At that point one has not even applied for state plates / registration. Plus does one think the head of UCD for the state, a very influential position would jeopardize his job and credibility in this manner? The process used by UCD throughout Guanajuato state is almost the same as used by S&S Auto and used at the Guadalajara airport.

Archived