Invitation to a Fiesta, June 22nd at 4PM

Jackie

A Fiesta in Celebration of the Life

of Jeanne Chaussee

Those of you who knew Jeanne know how much she loved Mexico,

so please join us for a Fiesta

on the Plaza in Ajijic on

Saturday 22 June at 4pm

for an absolute & eclectic celebration of a local icon.

Please bring finger food.

Libations & soft drinks will be provided.

It has been suggested by the family that each of us plant a lovely plant in our own gardens in Jeanne’s memory. Bring a picture and it will be displayed at the Fiesta.

So come, enjoy the entertainment & cameraderie.

Wear bright colors – Mexican clothing, if you have it

(no black!!), bring bubble wands,

and prepare to celebrate!

Are donations still needed by Libby for this?

Yes, money donations are gratefuly being accepted, as not all things that will be at

or needed at the event are being donated.

Things like the beverages, papkins, liquor, items for clean up afterwards, and etc.. need to be purchased or donated.

If you would like to donate an item in lieu of money, this is what is needed: plastic glasses, serviettes/napkins (small square cocktail napkins), tequila, red wine for sangria, vodka, sangrita, large bottles of Coke, diet coke, Squirt, garaphones of water, sugar ,jamaica, bags of ice, popotes/straws, limes, garbage bags, toilet paper. You can drop it off at Libby's Guad Reporter office.

I think at this point three local restaurants have said they will donate some food.

This should be happy memorable celebration !

Please do come.

Even if you never really met Jeanne, if you volunteer for an organization that she helped promote in her column, if she mentioned your art opening or musical event, if you read and loved her curmudgeonly comments in Laguna Chapalac or you looked forward to her penetrating interviews - please please attend. It will mean so much to Libby and Jeanne will love every minute of it.

I dropped off a money donation to Libby yesterday and she really appreciated it. She shared a home with Jeanne and now there is one income. Her office is in the Buganbilias Plaza where El Torito is located. Sorry for the duplicate post above - I hadn't seen this one yet.

Happy to help! Great to see Libby the other day while dropping off a donation.... So sorry I'll be NOB during the Fiesta but I'll be there in spirit! This Fiesta sounds like the perfect send off for Jeanne!

Hugs,

Valerie :)

I was at the planning meeting at Manix earlier this week. Very poor showing considering how much Jeanne did for this community.

All the non-profits, animal organizations, fund-raising events, musicians, art groups, churches and the like profited from her columns.

It is time for them to step up -- Libby is overwhelmed and money is very tight due to some unforeseen circumstances that always seem to happen when someone passes on.

She could use donations from all of the above and individuals who enjoyed her mother's columns, etc.

Please bring botanas to share. There will be an open bar and Libby is afraid they might run out of liquor, so cash donations would be appreciated.

Do wear festive and Mexican clothing (no black) and be prepared to be astounded by what Libby has put together for her caring, funny and left-of-center Mom who informed and entertained us all for many years here Lakeside.

People often ask me as "Cruise Director w/o a Ship" how I always know what is going on Lakeside and I reply: "It is not magic, I read Jeanne Chaussee's column religiously and have that kind of mind for events and happenings that remembers them..."

So, let's all show Libby our support and send her mother off in the grand fashion that she lived her life. She loved her Mexico and especially Lakeside.

It does "Take a village..."

Gracias - Dancing Queen (Cruise Director w/o a Ship)

It may have been better that only 12 showed up or it could have been mass confusion in the end. I was glad I dropped off my donation to Libby & it did seem it was really appreciated so that's one way to help. A good turnout at the event is probably a sure thing.

bump

Archived