Chapala.com Webboard

Moving Personal Effects to the USA from Ajijic

Need to find a freight forwarder to move our clothes and personal items from Ajijic to NC. There is no furniture or packing. We have the cargo holder that we brought down with the car (car is back in the US) and several suitcases which we can pack ourselves.....Need to know ASAP. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I'm moving back as well. I sent my family photos through Mexican post office. Astronomical expense, and then it made me evaluate anything else I was going to send. If you think about it, unless you have really really nice clothes, in my opinion, it is not worth moving them. I have already given alot away, and will sell or give away all but 1/2 suitcase. I can replace them cheaper than move them.

I had to evaluate kitchen supplies and dishes. There are a few things I'll pack, but I can replace them cheaper than ship them.

It has been hard to let go of favorite items, but I am going back with 2 suitcases and a guitar . Flying back.

I was going to ship a bunch of books and then I remembered that, really, anything I need and want can be borrowed from the library or purchased very cheaply.

Letting go of the stuff hasn't been easy. it is a process.

Archived