Chapala.com Webboard

Murphy's Oil Soap?

I need to clean my wooden kitchen cabinets and know this product works well on wood but don't know if I've seen it Lakeside. Anyone have experience with it here?

If so, where to find it?

Thanks,

Valerie :)

If no luck there, any suggestions for cleaning kitchen cabinets with a product that'll get them clean but not strip the finish?

have not seen it here, used it for wood floors in usa. i clean wooden furniture w/the special oil for wood. it comes in 3 natural scents. i like aceite amendres.

Plain dish soap and water will work well.

Most "grime" is actually grease from cooking and dirt trapped in the grease.

Dish soap will cut it and not harm the finish. Wash, rinse and dry. Then wax with any good wood wax.

Fantasic is good but test first.

My wife uses this Red liquid furniture polish, really likes it and can be bought in all sizes. Comes in a plastic bottle and is called 3 en 1 Aceite Rojo, Lustra Muebles. We were at the beach when a maid suggested this polish, it cleans as well as polishes

Goodluck,

Fox

Great, thanks! Just came back from WalMart and Superlake. Did find a product for floors and furniture/cabinets at WalMart and picked it up in case Superlake didn't have the Murphy's, but they did! Got a large size for 99 pesos. Seems fair enough.

Now, on to tackle the cleaning project!

Thanks for the info.

Valerie :)

Archived