Chapala.com Webboard

Perm. ap. update on website: 'The procedure has been classified" ?

My application was dated 10 April 2013. Have 3 entries on the website

1. 10/04[13 the procedure has been recorded

2. 10/04/13 the procedure has been assigned

3 11/04/13 the procedure has been classified

Is this normal? What is the last entry about (classified)? Still waiting...should i be worried?

Thanks

My application was dated 10 April 2013. Have 3 entries on the website

1. 10/04[13 the procedure has been recorded

2. 10/04/13 the procedure has been assigned

3 11/04/13 the procedure has been classified

Is this normal? What is the last entry about (classified)? Still waiting...should i be worried?

Thanks

If you are not using a facilitator, you should go and check and ask if there are any problems. Mine was stuck in this "state" for quite some time before it said something about being summoned to the office in Guadalajara. (It was about 6 weeks or so). There was a problem with my translation. If you have the time, it doesn't hurt to go and check. Later, with another delay, I found out that someone just had not checked off that I had delivered the requested, certified translations. I would not have known if I had not gone, stood in line, and asked. (Well, my driver asked for me and I was fingerprinted that day, without an appointment)

Well. In both cases, my lawyer/facilitator said not to worry. It was I that found out that there were problems. I recommend asking your facilitator when, exactly, did they last check? Who did they speak to? What did they say? When are they next going to the INM office? Ask if you can accompany them. I realized that mine was really not going in and checking with anyone. They were just looking at the website and then, when they had to take someone in to be fingerprinted, they would check.

I received my Residente Permanente visa today. Applied in Guadalajara on April 4. My partner, on the other hand, applied about the same time (using a different lawyer/facilitator and via a different process) and his application is stuck right where you are. So what's "normal"? Probably both.

Here's the timeline on my visa, just FYI and FWIW. You'll notice that only a week passed between my application being "clasificado" and when I was asked to appear at their offices (for fingerprinting, etc.). You'll also notice at the end they don't bother with a "Come and get it!" update.

04/04/2013 El trámite ha sido registrado Delegación Federal en Jalisco

04/04/2013 El tramite ha sido asignado Delegación Federal en Jalisco

30/04/2013 El trámite ha sido clasificado Delegación Federal en Jalisco

06/05/2013 Presentarse en una oficina del INM Delegación Federal en Jalisco

06/05/2013 Registre los datos para la expedición de su documento migratorio Delegación Federal en Jalisco 09/05/2013 Un pago ha sido registrado Delegación Federal en Jalisco

20/05/2013 Su documento migratorio está en proceso de elaboración. Delegación Federal en Jalisco

Congrats, Travis. I hope your picture is better than mine. That is the only bad part of having this permit forever! (I should have gone to dermika for some botox and remembered to put on makeup!)

Thanks, ValGal. Jajaja. The picture isn't too terrible. (I hadn't even seen it til I got the card today. Photographer sent the shots directly to the facilitator's office--just a couple of doors down the street.) The photographer used a light that's way too bright. It sort of washed my face away entirely....not a single wrinkle or blemish.....it's like I'm not even there! In other words, it's perfect.

I'm actually a little surprised INM accepted it.

I started the process on March 26 and just today had my finger prints taken. You should go on a weekly visit to Imagration and ask. I had Maria in San Antonio get my papers together on March 23. I was told today to come back in 3 weeks to get my Perm. card. Be patient

FYI the process in Chapala has to be the slowest in all of Mexico. I believe the law states 20 working days from start to finish and that is the practice in much of Mexico. The fastest I am aware of was a friend in Manzanillo and hers was 8 working days total from start to finish. How I do not know but she is adamant that was it.

Judy applied for Residente Permanente on April 24, exactly 30 days before her FM-2 was to expire. She has been to the INM national offices in the DF six (yes 6) times since then at their request--nothing has been wrong, they just asked her to come in. She has yet to be fingerprinted and her status on the website hasn't budged. They keep saying she needs to pay, and she keeps showing them her receipt that shows she has already paid. She says every time she goes into the offices, there are literally thousands of people in line--people from all over the world--and everyone is in the same boat.

We are leaving the country for 10 days on June 21. On Monday June 10 she went to INM to see about getting a letter of permission to leave the country while her visa is still in process. They had her fill out all the forms and go to the bank to pay the 320 pesos. When she went back to drop off her paid receipt, they told her that she would be notified in 72 hours to come back and get her letter. Nope. She has heard nothing yet. She will go back this coming Monday to see what the heck is going on.

I feel the pain of all of your sufferings with this idiocy.

In many places a "travel" letter is ready in 24 hours. Time for the head of INM Sr Galvan for the state to be fired for incompetence.

Thousands of people in line. In Guad, it can be a hundred or so. Maybe we should not complain. I wondered if it would be better in the DF, but I guess that was stupid thinking.

I hope you get your letter on time!

In many places a "travel" letter is ready in 24 hours. Time for the head of INM Sr Galvan for the state to be fired for incompetence.

Ajijic, we live in Mexico City. Where do we find Sr. Galván? I'd be happy to head the firing squad team.

Thousands of people in line. In Guad, it can be a hundred or so. Maybe we should not complain. I wondered if it would be better in the DF, but I guess that was stupid thinking.

I hope you get your letter on time!

Yes, thousands. Judy told me that on Monday when she went to INM, she spoke with people from Africa, China, other parts of Asia, England, and more--just during the time she was waiting in line or waiting to be called to get in line. She said there was a group of 12 to 15 Cubans who were always in line directly in front of her--all of them with their paperwork and bags filled with money to pay the trámites! When she saw that they were also in front of her in line at the bank, she asked if she could please go ahead of the group, as she only had one piece of paper to process and there were so many of them. They refused, saying that the INM office here closes at one o'clock and they were afraid they would not get back on time if she went first.

I guess if her letter isn't ready, I go to New York alone. No no no!

Ajijic, we live in Mexico City. Where do we find Sr. Galván? I'd be happy to head the firing team.

If same man as a year ago head of INM for Jalisco is Sr Galvan.

• 4 months later...

I received my Residente Permanente visa today. Applied in Guadalajara on April 4. My partner, on the other hand, applied about the same time (using a different lawyer/facilitator and via a different process) and his application is stuck right where you are. So what's "normal"? Probably both.

Here's the timeline on my visa, just FYI and FWIW. You'll notice that only a week passed between my application being "clasificado" and when I was asked to appear at their offices (for fingerprinting, etc.). You'll also notice at the end they don't bother with a "Come and get it!" update.

04/04/2013 El trámite ha sido registrado Delegación Federal en Jalisco

04/04/2013 El tramite ha sido asignado Delegación Federal en Jalisco

30/04/2013 El trámite ha sido clasificado Delegación Federal en Jalisco

06/05/2013 Presentarse en una oficina del INM Delegación Federal en Jalisco

06/05/2013 Registre los datos para la expedición de su documento migratorio Delegación Federal en Jalisco 09/05/2013 Un pago ha sido registrado Delegación Federal en Jalisco

20/05/2013 Su documento migratorio está en proceso de elaboración. Delegación Federal en Jalisco

last night my status ended with the "un pago ha sido... - so went in today. no card, but tonight, my status has the "su document migratorio....."

does that mean my card is there now?

Card usually is there a week or so after the last message above, Su documento migratorio está en proceso de elaboración.

Archived