Chapala.com Webboard

Jeanne Chausee

My heartfelt condolences to Libby on the loss of her incredible, lovely, insightful, funny and very special Mom.

Jeanne so enhanced my days -- especially every Friday when I opened the Guad Reporter to her column, read her thoughtful and krazy rant, and then found out all that was going on in our diverse community. When people call me the "Cruise Director w/o a Ship" and ask how do I know about all these happenings Lakeside, I always respond, "It is not magic, I read Jeanne Chausse's column religiously"...and that's how it is done.

Thank you Aquaponicsman for the backkground information which I hadn't read and a special thanks to dear Shira for her colorful recounting of "life way back when".

So true, we are losing many of the icons of our community and it is a great loss for me personally and the community-at-large.

Aquaponicsman's post made me cry. Thank you for posting.

I've been following Libby's posts along with others on facebook, and she says there will be a celebration of her mom's life and love of Mexico on June 22. She will post details such as place & time later.

I was (in my former NOB life) a daily newspaper editor, and so I especially appreciate a really good writer. MtnMama pegged it just right...Jeanne was an excellent writer and really excelled in her feature stories. She always seemed to get her facts straight too, which is not particularly common with newspaper writers.

On a personal level, we spoke often and I will miss her so much. At least she was where she wanted to be, doing what she wanted to do...right up until the end. She will be remembered with love for many, many years to come. My sincere condolences to Libby!

So sad to hear Jeanne will no lnger be a part of the Lakeside community. Her legacy will hopefully inspire us. She had an untiring involvement in "spreading the news", hosting the numerous fundraising functions and just being a very real spokesperson for this community and her own place in it... Her words and involvement will be so very missed. So very sorry for your loss Libby...

I spoke to Libby today. The celebration of life (because she said that's what her mother would want to call it) will be at 4:00 on June 22 at the Ajijic Plaza. I brought Libby a sunflower & she said that was her mother's favorite flower. I think Libby is a chip off the old block.

Thank you ComputerGuy for starting this forum and Aquaponicsman for posting the interview & photo of my mother, Jeanne Chaussee, and for all of you who have something to say about her. I love reading the comments from people who knew her in an entirely different way than I did. (I am her eldest daughter, Allison. Roxanne and Libby are my sisters.)

Thank you especially for supporting my little sister, Libby, in these early days. Libby is indeed planning a big, fun, splashy (like our mother!), festive celebration on June 22 in the plaza in Ajijic. You'll see more details about it in the paper or on Libby's facebook page. Our mother always loved a great party!

My mother gave me many gifts, not the least of which is a passion for the arts, fiercely liberal politics, inclusiveness (ask Libby about our childhood Thanksgiving dinners sometime), speaking up (even when it got me into trouble), an easy laugh, and finding humor in everyday life. All of these were a fundamental part of her life in Mexico, and I'm glad to hear you'll miss her too.

Allison, how nice of you to take the time to write to us. I have lived here for almost 18 years, and am a big fan of the

Arts, so Jeanne's enthusiasm was always an important part of my participation. She was such an important part of Ajijic, and she will be missed by many.

Libby's passion to help some of the most needy in Mexico is also an inspiration, and the community is rallying around her big time.

Mis mas sentidos pésames to you And your family.

Archived