Chapala.com Webboard

News on Charlie Klestadt

I visited last nite in San Javier. (Only one person allowed to visit at a time. I went first & then my wife.

She left to go to OXXO and returned with his favorite Mango juice

Charlie is in very good spirits,. Sitting up watching a baseball game & then was talking & joking.

He wants to leave the Hospital Monday, but I don't know if this is possible , or just wishful thinking

He still has some parts of the "black eye". , but is improving rapidly. He does not remember the event(Charlies attitude has changed this from an accident to an event)

Charlie agrees that he is a "Lucky Man", hit by a car , & can be sitting up and laughing in less than a week!

It was a good visit, and as I understand he will be bedridden for some time.

REMEMBER TO VISIT...

Thanks for the good news! He has so many adoring fans and we have all been eager for a progress report. Great to hear!

Valerie :)

Glad to hear he is doing well. Sad that they will not allow more to visit at a time. When my cousin had triple bypass recently, we had 10 in his room the next day and all was good. They now believe that family/friends help the recovery process. Mexico is still on the old plan. :(

Everyone - when Charlie gets home and can have company please visit. Don/t forget him. I have done this - six weeks in bed and I could not move at all - then you have to relearn how to walk. It is a long drag and I was out of commission for four months. After that it takes a long time to get your energy level back - almost a year. At our age it takes a long time to recoup from something like this. I had one visitor a day for all that time and that was what kept me going and kept me from having depression. It is important to have something to look forward to and know what is going on in the outside world when you are not a part of it. Charlie should not be hard to keep cheerful.

On the other hand.... I had a ruptured appendix years ago in Canada and my husband was away. My friends and co-workers rallied around me. It was great but exhausting. Please check with the nurse and/or Ann to see if he is up to having a visitor. Rest is an important part of recuperation.

I am so glad to hear that Charilie is in good spirits and will eventually heal though the process will be long.

I had the pleasure of meeting him 2 years in a row when visiting my mom. The last time was Christmas 2011 when we brought our then 16 and 18 year old daughters down to have Christmas with grandma. He was so good at what he does that my 16 year old gladly donated to the red cross with her well saved baby sitting money.

We are in Ontario Canada and are hoping Charlie has a speedy recovery. I am coming for 3 weeks in February and hope that he is up and about and back to himself by then.

Cheers

Katie

Archived