Chapala.com Webboard

Your opinion of Schwab checking account

We are thinking of changing from Bank of America, due to their decision to only use foreign customer service employees, to Schwab. With their no fee ATM charges we hope to have the same costs as our current BOFA ATM costs.

Please share your experiences....both good and bad.

Thanks

Fred Habacht

I started with an investment account years ago. Later Schwab entered the Banking Service. I have had no problems &

I like their website, Bill Payer service, etc. All of my ATM fees are reimbursed , regardless of amount(I do try to use ATM's with low fees), or location.

I have used BoA, & Chase. I feel the security, and response to my few calls have been much superior with Schwab

We also began with Schwab's investment account about 30 or more years ago and added the checking option about 3 years ago and love it. They reimburse all ATM fees world wide at the end of each month. We use our daughter's address in U.S. and if we're going to U.S. we notify them in advance that charges from various locations will be made. Probably not necessary but never have had any problems or asked any questions.

Thanks...for the imput. I have filled out the application and have even been assigned a person to talk to after the form reaches their US address. I will keep BOFA open until all changes are complete....then I just have to hope they keep their customer service as good as it seems to be now.

Fred Habacht

I've had a Schwab account for about 10 years. They are great to do business with. Great customer service - a rarity nowdays - over the phone. They have an international division that GETS that US citizens sometimes live in other countries! What a concept.

However...I do not maintain an address in the USA - I live here full time. I have found that some US online companies won't do business with me because I have a Mexican address. WTF? Have any of you had this problem? It's not a shipping issue; I could have stuff sent to a friend there who could bring it down.

Archived