Chapala.com Webboard

Update on Charlie Klestadt #2

I visited Charlie this am. He is in a little pain from waist down. They took Xrays this am

His Doctor was not there & no info has been given Charlie about broken bones.

His Spirit is very good, but , was confused about where he was, & has no recollection of

accident. Only remembers being at the restaurant. I explained to him that he was at San Javier, and had been hit by a car, he then was less confused. He did not seem to be curious for more details.

He is asking for Ann, and is remembering some of the "things that needed to be done", that

he wants to talk with Ann about.

He is accepting everything very well & talking quite a bit.

I ask again for Ann's cell phone. I emailed Ann this am & waiting. I had Charlies cell phone, but is probably turned off(no response)

Ann Klestadt. Her message to everybody is that Charlie has NO permanent injury. The neurosurgeon says surgery isn't necessary, that the hematoma on the head should heal itself. The orthopedist says no surgery necessary for the broken pelvis. Luckily the hip where the car hit him is not broken. All really good news!

Ann says that witnesses said that the driver was talkiing on a cell phone, wandering from one side of the street to another by Delicias restaurant in Chapala, possibly hitting some cars that were parked, before it ran into Charlie and the Mexican fellow. She said the police have the truck but not the driver but the driver's family has been in contact with them as claim he has insurance.
That's the update directly from Ann.

Ann Klestadt. Her message to everybody is that Charlie has NO permanent injury. The neurosurgeon says surgery isn't necessary, that the hematoma on the head should heal itself. The orthopedist says no surgery necessary for the broken pelvis. Luckily the hip where the car hit him is not broken. All really good news!

Ann says that witnesses said that the driver was talkiing on a cell phone, wandering from one side of the street to another by Delicias restaurant in Chapala, possibly hitting some cars that were parked, before it ran into Charlie and the Mexican fellow. She said the police have the truck but not the driver but the driver's family has been in contact with them as claim he has insurance.
That's the update directly from Ann.

Since you stated in your post today, the driver is not in jail. Just wondering if they have already let him go, as someone stated yesterday that the driver was "in jail." Of course, if that is true, it would not surprise me in the least.

Guest verchiel

We are so fortunate to have a guy like Charlie in our town. I hope he can feel all the love and appreciation that we have for him during this difficult time.

Archived