Chapala.com Webboard

Update on Charlie Klestadt

I have just returned from San Javier. I entered the Emergency Area & Charlie is in a private area.

I observed Charlie not concious for about ten minutes, & then observed both feet movement. After a little time, he opened his eyes & immediately called my name, And asked Me, how I was(Vintage Charlie).

He said he was feeling OK, with no pain.He does not remember what happened.

We talked for about 45 minutes about people, places & things. He is in very good spirits.

I excused myself , so he could get some rest.

I plan on returning daily & will post any changes. If there is no posting, then no change.

Anyone having Ann's cell phone #, please PM me. My wife knows Charlie & wants to volunteer.

She is Mexican & can speak English.

I have just returned from San Javier. I entered the Emergency Area & Charlie is in a private area.

I observed Charlie not concious for about ten minutes, & then observed both feet movement. After a little time, he opened his eyes & immediately called my name, And asked Me, how I was(Vintage Charlie).

He said he was feeling OK, with no pain.He does not remember what happened.

We talked for about 45 minutes about people, places & things. He is in very good spirits.

I excused myself , so he could get some rest.

I plan on returning daily & will post any changes. If there is no posting, then no change.

Anyone having Ann's cell phone #, please PM me. My wife knows Charlie & wants to volunteer.

She is Mexican & can speak English.

I just PMed you Ann's phone number in case no one else has done that so far.

I'm so sorry to hear about this. Charlie was my wife's and my first contact in Mexico in 2004. I sent him our first LCS membership money to their Laredo, TX address so that we would be members when we arrived. Now all these years later, I remember that he had brain surgery last year that was quite successful, but we live on the beach half the year (on the beach now) so we lose track. Hoping for nothing but the best of recovery for Charlie K. He has been one of the most giving people in the whole Chapala municipio for many years. My fingers are crossed.

Thanks for the update, and please keep them coming.

Meanwhile, everyone, PLEASE don't forget the Mexican man who was also injured, He will need your help, as he doesn't have the

resources that Charlie (or other foreigners) would have.

Drop off something to help keep him and his family going while he recovers! I did today ---- please "pay it forward....."

Archived