Chapala.com Webboard

New Italian Restaurant

Joyfull

For good Italian food, I do not look Lakeside. When we get really desperate, we go to Guadalajara and have a meal at Ma Come No on Av. America, north of Av. Mexico. My favorite dish: Risoto de fruti del mar.

Ristorante Da Massimo's original location is on Avenida De Las Americas just west of Avenida Patria. The newer location is on Lazaro Cardenas just a few blocks after you come off the new bridge over Lopez Mateos going west towards Avenida Vallarta.

The food? Pretentious, overpriced, Italian that has "morphed" into a Mexican version (unfortunately). The new location, from our most recent visit.....fails in every single catagory! We were back at the original location within the last month. The food was undercooked, warm at best and totally lacked flavor. Check it out yourself and develop your own opinion on some of the dishes:....lasagne, fusilli with asparagus, prime rib (now this one is strange!). Lasagne, very small and thin pre-cooked (sometime recently) serving of simply pasta and meat sauce that was totally dried out and obviously reheated at least a couple of times. Fusilli with tiny pieces of asparagus in a tomato sauce with raw serrano pepper pieces. The single slice of expensive prime rib was sliced less than 1/4 of an inch thick. The fusilli was served in a tomato sauce with tiny pieces of asparagus and freshly chopped raw serrano pepper pieces. The overall result was so upsetting to the stomach that neither my wife or could even think about eating again that day. We were there for lunch. That was definitely the last chance that we'll give this restaurant.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We have eaten at Stefano's and have always had a good meal with friends. I would say that the prices are "reasonable"

The food is good but portions are too small for the prices charged.

For good Italian food, I do not look Lakeside. When we get really desperate, we go to Guadalajara and have a meal at Ma Come No on Av. America, north of Av. Mexico. My favorite dish: Risoto de fruti del mar.

It must have been quite a while since you were desperate, RV. Ma Come No closed several years ago.

Archived