Chapala.com Webboard

Delaying importation of a vehicle

My FM2 is up for renwal at the end of July and I will then become permanente but due to timing I will not be able to import my car until later in the year.

I'm wondering if anyone has information on what issues this may bring forward, i.e., do I have to import my car at the same time as becoming permanente or can I wait until later. The car would put in storage until it was time to import it.

TIA

My FM2 is up for renwal at the end of July and I will then become permanente but due to timing I will not be able to import my car until later in the year.

I'm wondering if anyone has information on what issues this may bring forward, i.e., do I have to import my car at the same time as becoming permanente or can I wait until later. The car would put in storage until it was time to import it.

TIA

Many people have done this. If you hand in your TIP later the only difference will be because of the 45 day rule after and the 15 day rule to notify ADUANA of your new visa and the expiration date of your old visa you will most likely have lost your deposit, but with a safe return to the border you will be legal.

TIA

Be careful. What kind of car do you have?

Archived