Chapala.com Webboard

Car requirments for four year temporary stTus

You should have no problem, Temporal remains the same as FM3 and can drive NOB plated cars with the proper TIP, only the Permanante are required to drive MX plated cars.

Not as I understand it. I am Permanente and my wife stayed Temporal for one more year. We have a new TIP on the car in her name and as her spouce I can legally drive it.

so do you have to keep your registration sticker, ie plates, up to date in your home state or province in order to drive im mexico?

Generally no but doing so makes it easy to drive NOB. This is why a lot of people switched their plates to SD, it is very easy and cheap to keep them current.

Who do you guys have insurance with? My agent requires my vehicle to be registered for my Mexican coverage to be valid. Just like he requires me to have a valid drivers license my car must be licensed to be on the road. Why would you risk have a claim denied.

Who do you guys have insurance with? My agent requires my vehicle to be registered for my Mexican coverage to be valid. Just like he requires me to have a valid drivers license my car must be licensed to be on the road. Why would you risk have a claim denied.

People need to check with their insurance company. San Xavier does not care. Annual plate renewal is simply a tax by a state or province and does not affect who is the owner. And for Canadians registration and annual renewal is all one piece of wallet size paper.

Archived