Chapala.com Webboard

Paving Ajijic's Tiangis street

Ajijic's Delegado, Hector Espana, has heard the call of the public and is planning the paving of Ajijic's Tiangis Street (Revelocion). There will be pavers installed down the center of the street two meters wide. He is asking residents to sponsor ten meters for 1600 pesos. Those interested can call Harry Bublin at 766-4282, email ms1cb@yahoo.com or PM here. There will also be a fund raiser in August.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to be against improvements of this kind until I almost broke my leg being launched forward on a sidewalk.

Luckily I caught nmy balance and did not fall. Stgreets and sidewalks DO need improvement.

Good luck with this project.

Bravo Hektor! You read my mind! This would be a great improvement, for residents as well as tourists, as it is hard to watch your toes and your purse and shop also. Is he just putting two lines of pavers down the middle, or is he paving the whole thing?

This is good news, something I didn't foresee happening in my lifetime! Last week a friend took a bad fall while at the market, and has one very ugly skinned knee as a result.

Also...as the result of stumbling into a gap on the 'cobblestones' at the Wednesday market I'm still limping around,..not serious, just a nuisance.

2 meters will allow a scooter or wheel chair to go by with someone passing in the other direction. The vendors take up the sides anyway. But, if someone wants to fund the whole street it can be done! :D

Any idea when they will finish the wonderful pavement work that has been started in the Ajijic Plaza? No one has been working on it for months.Perhaps that should be finished before Ajijic starts on anything else..

They need to find money. Money is still owed for materials and labor for what has been already done from what I heard. Only

thing I know for sure is Chapala is not going to send us any money as they don't have any.

Work can only be done if there are sponsors to make it happen. The Centro de Salud has a Board of Directors. How about asking them what is going on????

Folks, Hector Espana has gotten a lot done and has been helped by a small committee including Anglos and Mexicanos. This committee has obtained materials, maintained control of funds and all the work done has not been subjected to the "it's disappeared" paradigm for either materials or funds.

Mr. Harry Bublin heads this committee and I serve on it. If the committee puts this project under it's wing, as I suspect Hector respects what Anglos can do to help him, we should be able see results. I hope that Anglos int his community do not doom this project to negativism and defeat by their actions.

BTW, great thanks to the two pledges so far. That's the spirit! This is our home, all of us together, let's keep up the work of making is great as we can!

When the work starts, will they be able to start on one Wednesday PM and finish on the following Tuesday PM so the vendors will not lose a day of work? Hope so.

obviously the work won't be done in a week. Nothing in mexico is done in a week. The tiangis could spread onto the lateral road above. For those who asked there will be a sign iding the donors.

I just wish that the project and fund raising for finishing the plaza could have been finished before this was undertaken. We use the Tianquis street once per week but the plaza is the center of our community and it continues to sit there, glaringly unfinished.

May I be so presumptuous as to suggest that things be undertaken one at a time and finished before another is started?

these are two different projects. Donors to finish the plaza have been sought for months with no response from the public. Apparently, no one cares.

People are injured every week at the tiangis and or don't go for fear of being injured . If there is a rapid response of donors the work will be completed rapidly. If not this idea too will languish

Archived