Chapala.com Webboard

Chapala INM office integrity

I would like to hear from the people who applied for their new card in the last two months -- since mid-March-- (termporal and permanente).

Is any one--who applied in Chapala--still waiting to be called for finger prints?

I have been waiting 9 weeks. I checked with Chapala and there is nothing wrong with my application. My last notification online (11 April) says: tramite ha sido clasificado Delegacion Local Rivera de Chapala.

Apparently, if you applied in Chapala lately, it is now processed in Chapala, and it could take up to 5 months to be called for finger prints. I was told by the big guy.that it is normal and it might even take another 3 months before I hear anything?? At first he said he did not know why it took so long, and then he said that it was because they have too many applications and they are busy. I argued until I turned blue, but there was no way he could guarantee a faster process. I said that I would go to the office in Guad to find out why it should take so long. His answer: they will refer you back to us in Chapala.

I interrupted the nice lady and asked her if it was true and she said not too worry, it should be faster, but she did not say why it took so long. How can they not know?

I know of three people who applied in January and got called for finger prints (in Guad at the time) within 2 months. And they must have been busier at that time because of the back log since November and December.

Well. . . could this be another way of trying to get a bribe to expedite my file faster? I am very suspicious.

I would appreciate any feedback.

I brought donuts to the office when we submitted our stuff, they were all very happy. Submitted on March 15th and 3 weeks later went to Guadalajara for fingerprints and then 20+ days had our cards.

Colibri, wow that is frustrating to say the least. I may be wrong but thought the law stated 20 business days. Common practice when reading other web boards from day of application to finger prints (1 week later ) to actual visa is 3 to 4 weeks.

I would like to hear from the people who applied for their new card in the last two months -- since mid-March-- (termporal and permanente).

Is any one--who applied in Chapala--still waiting to be called for finger prints?

I have been waiting 9 weeks. I checked with Chapala and there is nothing wrong with my application. My last notification online (11 April) says: tramite ha sido clasificado Delegacion Local Rivera de Chapala.

Apparently, if you applied in Chapala lately, it is now processed in Chapala, and it could take up to 5 months to be called for finger prints. I was told by the big guy.that it is normal and it might even take another 3 months before I hear anything?? At first he said he did not know why it took so long, and then he said that it was because they have too many applications and they are busy. I argued until I turned blue, but there was no way he could guarantee a faster process. I said that I would go to the office in Guad to find out why it should take so long. His answer: they will refer you back to us in Chapala.

I interrupted the nice lady and asked her if it was true and she said not too worry, it should be faster, but she did not say why it took so long. How can they not know?

I know of three people who applied in January and got called for finger prints (in Guad at the time) within 2 months. And they must have been busier at that time because of the back log since November and December.

Well. . . could this be another way of trying to get a bribe to expedite my file faster? I am very suspicious.

I would appreciate any feedback.

I'm in the same situation. I believe my application was submitted through Guad.

Spencer, can you shed some light on this?

Maybe those that get it faster could share MORE DETAIL about what, how,and with whom your day of submitting went. There must be a common thread somewhere.

There was a change as far as which office could authorize permanents, some files were received in the limbo period in Chapala and those are the ones taking a while. Guadalajara wanted Chapala to do them and Chapala didn't have the authorization so they sat. They should be all done within a month. We were submitting to Guadalajara which is faster and our right but now their internal policy says they won't accept from Chapala, although we may be able to get around that using my Guadalajara office address or having people "living" with me at my place in Zapopan.

Does this mean that you will now submit our application for RP in Chapala and that they will accept previous visas? We have been on again-off again all last week and are now entering our 30 day renewal window. Our plan was to visit your office tomorrow.

My lawyer/facilitator submitted my application for Residente Permanente (with financials) to the Guadalajara office on April 4. I was fingerprinted in Guadalajara five weeks later, and the INM website says the visa is being made now, with last update dated May 20. I expect to have it in a week or two.

So I'm one of the lucky ones. But my partner isn't. His application for RP was submitted a couple days before mine by someone else (because of his job). His, submitted on April 2, is just sitting there with no updates since April 11. His was also done in Guadalajara, and theoretically should have been simpler since he had the magic number 4 on the back of his visa. But his previous visa was a Non-Inmigrante/Lucrativa....and mine was a plain vanilla Inmigrante.

So who knows the why or the what.

Overall though I was impressed with how efficient the Guadalajara office is compared to other experiences I've had in Chapala. My lawyer told me that she avoids the Chapala office whenever possible, and prefers to do business in Guadalajara. Given a choice, I think I would avoid the Chapala office unless I was doing a simple renewal of a Temporal. If given a choice.

We submit to different offices depending on policies and client needs

Maybe those that get it faster could share MORE DETAIL about what, how,and with whom your day of submitting went. There must be a common thread somewhere.

Not sure. But what I think is happening is that we are comparing temporal with permanente. Apples and oranges and two entirely different processes and both are still in flux. I am sure that in the next few years, this will all be straightened out. We just need to be patient. :010::011::014::017::unsure::(:angry::huh:^_^:o

At least I know that I am not alone. As I have just cancelled my trip home, planned for June, I now have time to be patient.

According to the different cases stated here, it seems that the people who presented their application in Chapala during the limbo period (starting mid-March) are stuck in that office and/or also maybe only the application for permanente. My last notice online was April 11, like someone else just mentioned also.

Thank you all for making me feel better. Knowing that it is normal is already reassuring.

Archived