Chapala.com Webboard

Computer Data Recovery person needed

One of my hard drives appears to be damaged. I just purchased a NEW computer, and it is doing the same thing as my old one...not recognizing this drive, which appears to have some damaged sectors. Does anyone know who they might recommend for trying to salvage files from this drive? And do it fairly quickly? (I do have a new hard drive to transfer everything onto.)

I had been using Benno's, but the last time I took my computer in (because of this hard drive not being recognized) he booted the computer up in safe mode, found the drive and said it was fixed. The problem quickly came back however. My biggest frustration was that he kept my computer almost 3 weeks before he could get to it.

So I am reluctant to go back, not because he lacks expertise, but because he just seems SO terribly busy. (Possibly he should have CHECKED that hard drive for defects in light of what was happening, but am not complaining over that...just the length of time I was without a computer. I am not retired, and my livelihood depends on having my computer.)

I do have a fairly recent backup of the files off that drive, but am not sure I had everything! Any recommendations as to a data recovery person would be helpful. Thank you!

If the hard drive is still at all functional, I will be able to recover your files. I can tell at the same time if the drive is failing. Please call me at 765-4156, if you would like an appointment. I will need to take the drive out and hook it into my work machine.

Did he use the old hard drive in the new computer? If so, you will probably need a new hard drive. ... Mike

That's the guy who responded to your email originally. He is good at this.

Archived