Chapala.com Webboard

CURP letter

The big guy says I need to submit a letter " that says why I need a CURP" . I tried to get a little guidance on what to write but all he would tell me was that it has to be in Spanish. Duh.

I was the only one in there and the nice lady was not there.

Has anyone written such a letter? I need it to get a drivers license. .

According to SEGOB all I need is my INM card , passport and a copy of each . That is what I was told at the Registro civil today also.

http://www.gobernacion.gob.mx/es/SEGOB/Pasos_a_seguir_para_corregir_tu_CURP

The big guy says I need to submit a letter " that says why I need a CURP" . I tried to get a little guidance on what to write but all he would tell me was that it has to be in Spanish. Duh.

I was the only one in there and the nice lady was not there.

Has anyone written such a letter? I need it to get a drivers license. .

According to SEGOB all I need is my INM card , passport and a copy of each . That is what I was told at the Registro civil today also.

http://www.gobernacion.gob.mx/es/SEGOB/Pasos_a_seguir_para_corregir_tu_CURP

The new INM cards have your CURP number on the front. You go to the Municipal Jurisdiction/Registro website in you area and find the page title, something like CURP registar. You type in the CURP number, your name and it will say registered or cannot be found. You go to the page where it is. You then go to the page that lets you print it out in color. You print it, cut along the dotted line, fold it in half and got to a papelaria to have it laminated. This is your CURP card.

Your municipo de Chapala has a very unsophisticated website and they direct you to Jalisco.gob which "Tramite de CURP" directs you to this page. SHEESH

Dirigido a:
Documentos obtenidos:
Clave CURP
Tiempo de respuesta:
Minutos
Cuándo:
Todo el Año
PUEDES REALIZAR EL TRÁMITE EN:
Dirección General del Registro Civil
Guadalajara
Av. Alcalde
planta baja
Horario de Atención:
8:00 a 13:00 hrs. de Lunes a Viernes
Teléfono(s):

http://www.jalisco.gob.mx/es/tramites/4869

I presume this is if you have no CURP number on your INM card and need a new one.

What moon do you people in Chapala live on? The CURP is a government identification number--you don't need a reason to have one. If your government officials over there are saying you do, and saying you have to have a letter to ask for it, it's because they are simply too lazy or inept to go ahead and fill out the simple two-minute form to give you one. GIVE being the operative word, there is no charge for it. There is no reason to go to Guadalajara to get your CURP. Your municipal government needs to do its job.

I have an FM3 under the old system. There is no CURP # on my card.

In that case you do not have the CURP SEGOB INM has been generating. If you do not want to drive to Guadalajara to get one without the guy telling you locally that some letter he wants then you are stuck doing it "his" way. It appears he likes to give people the run around or his boss does.

I got one right away at the police station/delegado opposite Bancomer and the Ajijic plaza. If I remember I had my passport, FM-3 and i think a utility bill for proof or residence. You also need 2 or 3 copies of each (I can't remember) and it was done in a back room there in about 10 minutes.

Apparently they are not doing it in Ajijic anymore; you must go to Chapala.

The CURP number only appears on your INM card if you already have one and included it on your application.

We do the applications, 200 pesos, must be done at immigration

We do an application letter and get a receipt, you need to stand in line and they do the CURPs in a few days to a few weeks from turning in the application, no way of notifying you unless you get in line or keep checking back or just come back in 2 to 3 weeks.

CURP is needed for the following:

Driver license

Any transactions with the government

Capital gains exemption in many cases

IMSS and Seguro popular

More and more of the time it is asked for.

Better to have it and not need it than need it and have to wait, they used to issue them at the civil registry but not anymore. So if you have no health insurance don't drive nor pay taxes nor own a home then maybe you wont need one soon.

Intercasa is the last word for government paperwork in Jalisco.

I just can't believe your government over there is asking for an application letter and an indeterminate wait to get something that is a two-minute job. My wife and I got our CURPs in Morelia, Michoacán. We showed up in the government office with her INM document and my naturalization document in hand. Ten minutes later we had our CURPs. No letter, no fuss, no wait...no kidding.

It seems to me that between the Jalisco CURP process and the crazy DIF/INAPAM fiasco over there, I'd have had to move to a different state, if I hadn't already moved.

Thank God Intercasa is working with you guys. Please visit him in the manicomio when he finally loses it because of all this Jalisco government BS.

No kidding. I got my CURP at the Ajijic Delegacion office in minutes back when they had that "have to register your cell phone" silliness. I can't believe now you have to go hat in hand and beg that super-sized pendejo at Inmigacion for a CURP number.

CURP is needed for the following:

Driver license

Any transactions with the government

Capital gains exemption in many cases

IMSS and Seguro popular

More and more of the time it is asked for.

Better to have it and not need it than need it and have to wait, they used to issue them at the civil registry but not anymore. So if you have no health insurance don't drive nor pay taxes nor own a home then maybe you wont need one soon.

i got a driver's license without a curp... i think they stuck a made up number there. also gotten Seguro popular without one.

It is just another one of these cycles. We had to get a CURP years ago when Lloyd had to have everyone´s CURP rightaway. In these days you had to get it in Guadalajara and line up for it. The LCS organized buses to go there, then it got super easy, you could get it at the delegacion , even on the computer, now you need a letter....Every time the government is trying to cut back paperwork , the bureaucrats e fight it tooth and nails, Every time something gets simplified, something that used to be simple become complicated. It is a bad joke.

Archived