Chapala.com Webboard

Article 106-tying TIP to your current visa

Two years ago, INM told us we could change to residente permanente next year, then they changed the rules.

Recently, they told us that we could have our previous FM3/FM2/Inmigrante visas counted and become residente permanente at our next renewal date; next week.

Today, it appears that may have changed too!!!!!!

I will bet that there are folks, who took cars out of Mexico, who are really fuming about now.

As I have posted before: How do we plan ahead?

Two years ago, INM told us we could change to residente permanente next year, then they changed the rules.

Recently, they told us that we could have our previous FM3/FM2/Inmigrante counted and become residente permanente at our next renewal date; next week.

I will be that there are folks, who took cars out of Mexico, who are really fuming about now.

I am wondering if this is the case throughout Mexico, or just the Guadalajara office Try Mexconnect. Maybe it would be worth it to just make a temporary move to PV or SMA until the application is processed and then "move" back to Chapala,

Recently, they told us that we could have our previous FM3/FM2/Inmigrante counted and become residente permanente at our next renewal date; next week.

I will be that there are folks, who took cars out of Mexico, who are really fuming about now.

The best plan in Mexico is to sit tight for awhile even when you think you know what's being talked about.

RV if you have a 3 or 4 on the back of your visa or previously a FM-3 and now what some call a FM-2 totaling 4 years come to SMA for 8 days and my wife will assist you for free. All you need is passport, current visa and pesos. A week later fingerprints and authorize her to pick up your visa and courier it to you in 3 weeks more.

RV as per my email, here in SMA they count past years to become a PR and no income proof required if 4 years. You can scan both sides of your visa and email and she will confirm with INM you can become a PR before you start.

My wife Sonia will process it for free if you wish. You have two options. One is come for 8 days and on first day submit paper work and a week later finger prints. Three weeks later she can pick up and courier to you your visa.

Or, have Spencer prepare the paper work, includes photos and he can courier it to us. Sonia will submit your documents and photos and a week later you come and finger print. Again, three weeks later she courier's your visa to you.

You can use our address and months later change it to there.

Other may want to consider this option as well to become a PR if Chapala INM will not count past years.

Here is how past is counted: At the end of the four years total (a combination of FM-3 and FM-2 or all FM-2 or all FM-3 with exceptions noted), you may then request a change to Permanent Resident visa based on four years residency and not have to prove income. You can not have a break in service meaning a visa expired; all renewals must have been done on time; if the word "PERMANENCIA" on the Immigration computer system comes up as in reference to when one reached five years on a past FM-2/3 and renewed they will count all past visa time towards a Permanent Resident visa. If the word "Regularization"(meaning you reached 5 years and started over) they only count time since the regularization plus time on current visas towards Permanent Resident. No proof of income required.

That is a very generous offer, but we will probably sit it out and see what transpires; even if we have to buy the next two years as residente temporal in order to do so. That would give us two more years before having to dispose of our NoB J-car, and also prevent the possibility of being accused of obtaining RP by fraud at a later date; grounds for cancellation of RP and possible deportation.

I think the government now knows that they have screwed up and I think that the some of the local INM offices are just plain confused at this point. It may be time to just wait some more and stay tuned to Spencer and his readings of the situation.

RV as per my email, here in SMA they count past years to become a PR and no income proof required if 4 years. You can scan both sides of your visa and email and she will confirm with INM you can become a PR before you start.

My wife Sonia will process it for free if you wish. You have two options. One is come for 8 days and on first day submit paper work and a week later finger prints. Three weeks later she can pick up and courier to you your visa.

Or, have Spencer prepare the paper work, includes photos and he can courier it to us. Sonia will submit your documents and photos and a week later you come and finger print. Again, three weeks later she courier's your visa to you.

You can use our address and months later change it to there.

Other may want to consider this option as well to become a PR if Chapala INM will not count past years.

Here is how past is counted: At the end of the four years total (a combination of FM-3 and FM-2 or all FM-2 or all FM-3 with exceptions noted), you may then request a change to Permanent Resident visa based on four years residency and not have to prove income. You can not have a break in service meaning a visa expired; all renewals must have been done on time; if the word "PERMANENCIA" on the Immigration computer system comes up as in reference to when one reached five years on a past FM-2/3 and renewed they will count all past visa time towards a Permanent Resident visa. If the word "Regularization"(meaning you reached 5 years and started over) they only count time since the regularization plus time on current visas towards Permanent Resident. No proof of income required.

That really is a great solution for people who need this wrapped up in a timely manner. PV also seems to be a good place to go.

You know, it is not fraud to just make a temporary move to another community, even if it is a couple of weeks. If you were building a house or just staying in a B and B while you decided what city to settle in, you could still obtain your residency permit. I know that, when I obtained my first FM2, I did not yet have a home. I used the facilitators office and a friends CFE bill so I could open my bank account It might be a good time to check out other communities as well. If I did not have my permanente already, I would go to SMA, relax and have Ajijic's wife take care of the process for me.

Who wants to work? :)

Many do work without realizing it, such as sell products from the home or at a market, hair dressing, giving a massage etc. If denounced the person in question could be in trouble with INM without a work permit, permanente seems to address this problem.

Archived