Chapala.com Webboard

Time for the annual "first significant rain" contest

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much rain fell last night? It was a lovely surprise! ^_^

About two tenths of an inch at the "official" weather station in Riberas.

Updated my list to include the later prognostications. Kathy TX and yours truly are looking like real contenders at the moment.

How much rain fell last night? It was a lovely surprise! ^_^

It depends where you are. About 1/8 of an inch in San Juan Cosala.

Rainfall varies widely, yesterday it was raining on the pool in the backyard and the drive out front was bone dry and it's not a large house. It seems the areas to the W of the Village generally receive more, but we're all blessed with what we got, except my car was parked under a large spreading palm and it washed all the dust from the last 3 months off the fronds and onto my dark colored car and when I pulled into the Walmart parking lot today I had two car washers begging me to let them wash it saying was a local eyesore.

WE HAVE A WINNER

Kathy TX was by far the closest, missed the exact date by just a few hours so I'm declaring her the winner and our new rainy season Guru!

CONGRATULATIONS KATHY!

Yours truly will claim the runner up slot.

Lovely rain last night, one more night of rain and I believe the conventional wisdom says the rainy season has formally begun.

This was fun, thanks to everyone for participating.

Why, thank you! :rolleyes: I've certainly been enjoying the rain. Our cat Phantom, not liking the thunder so much, spent the loudest parts of the storms under the bed. Two nights in a row...I bet it will rain again tonight.

I'm sure glad I didn't enter, because having been here since 1997 and having asked my neighbors over the years when they thought the rainy season begins, I would have chosen June 12th to the 14th, and I would have been very very wrong.

Let's hope that the rain keeps up and that the lake begins to fill up this year. It sure would be nice.

Anytime between now and next year

I am with you!!! let´s share the prize...:)

Archived