Chapala.com Webboard

Time for the annual "first significant rain" contest

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My arrival date is Jun 29 ...

Well, nobody who lives here year-round wants to wait that long! :P

I think I almost won this contest last year. This year I'm going to go out on a long dry limb by calling it early...........Saturday, June 1 before midnight..... the very first day of the Atlantic Hurricane Season!!!

My arrival date is Jun 29 in late afternoon and don't want to miss the first loud thunderstorm of the season. Don't sleep well anyway. Probably just wishful thinking but not impossible.

May 21, Our arrival date.. Hopefully Bobby and I can bring the rain with us :)

Hopefully we don't have to wait for any of you. It will already be raining by then but you will still be here to enjoy the rain and the thunderstorms.

I agree with Travis, we can't wait that long!!!!

I'll weigh in for June 7th! The win will be nothing more than a GREAT glass of champagne or Cabernet! Cheers and Salud!

Valerie :)

Hmmmm...I'm a newbie. I think it will be on May 25th. The clouds in the afternoons lately have been teasing us!

You're seeing the "practice" clouds, they begin this time of year and normally are huge white puffy ones along the S shore and they tease, but the rain won't start until mid June, and even then we'll often see obvious rain along the S shore that never comes here. The typical season sees clouds with lightening about bed time and they come from almost due E and bring us rain about 4am. If they're a bit S they go to Michoacan or a bit N they split and go to Guad or areas N, and that's not all bad, that's in our runoff plain so there's a chance we might get some of it.

The rains that normally come from the E seem to build and the further W the more you get.

Archived