Chapala.com Webboard

What is a fair price to pay for deadbolt lock installation?

What is a fair price to pay for deadbolt lock installation per deadbolt lock?

I know that the actual cost of the lock is a variable. Is it realistic to pay roughly $250 pesos to $300 pesos per lock for a good quality deadbolt lock? We will be buying 5 deadbolt locks where one side has a space for the key and the other side has a knob.

We received one quote for $3,500 pesos for this (5 deadbolt locks and 5 installations of the locks) and that seems excessive.

This quote above if the cost (my guess) of the locks is roughly $1,500 leaves install cost of $2,000 pesos or $166 US or $33 US per lock. Just seems like a lot of money to pay a locksmith in Mexico.

Any recommendations for a locksmith or location of a lock store - I would buy the locks myself then have them installed if that is needed.

Would also be pleased to know what you paid for good locks and install.

Gracias in advance.

call the place in chapala. he will come out, quote the price then do the work if you say yes. sorry i dont the # available now. perhaps another member can give it to you. they did a good job for me, one lock was $350.

I used the one in Chapala. I think he ripped me off. He charged me 500 pesos for the lock and 300 pesos for installation for a dead bolt. he acted a little fishy, maybe because he knew he was overcharging me?

I use him all the time as do my neighbours. Always ask for a quote first. Price depends on quality of lock.

There are a lot of unknowns about your request for info.

Type of locks

Installation procdures

I have much Security work done, and the best is Heraberto(and family) in Chapala

I agree that there are too many unknowns but my quote has zero detail.

Thanks for the Heraberto suggestion. I will look into a quote with him. I'm not sure about brand names available in Mexico or the quality of locks - So input is always welcomed. I'm looking for a solid lock that works well at a fair price - not a flimsy cheap lock.

It is also helpful to know about lock brands to steer clear of.. Thanks again folks...

There are a lot of unknowns about your request for info.

Type of locks

Installation procdures

I have much Security work done, and the best is Heraberto(and family) in Chapala

I've been using him for 12 years. Ask for quote. Don't use cheap Tesa locks. Go for Schlage better quality or look in Home Depot.

LOCKSMITH (LOCK INSTALLATION & KEYS)

CERRAJERIA ARAGON

HERIBERTO ARAGON

Morelos # 172 - Chapala

Tel: 766 3552

Cell ph: 045 333 171 9033

Archived