Chapala.com Webboard

Amy's Grill in Patty's Place

gringal

You can't keep a good cook down! Amy and Faye are now partnering with Patty on Ocampo where the old Pedro's Restaurant used to be. Today was the first day, so we went on over for lunch to check it out, say hi and have ourselves some burgers.

Very different from the Armando's situation, but this is a new beginning, so give it some time. Right now, it's nothin' fancy.

Plastic tables and chairs, but a pleasant patio setting with your choice of sun or shade. Bar in operation.

Plenty of parking.

Menu: A large variety of burgers, from plain to Greek and everything in between, served with your choice of chips and dip or potato salad. You can have chicken breast instead of beef.

Amy says she'll fix it any way you want it.

My spouse had the potato salad and really liked it. I had a good ranch dressing cup with chips.

For fans of charbroiling....that's how she cooks it. Big burgers; good meat.

I give them top marks in the burger dept. I think she's also has chili.

Her hours are under the Announcements thread.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My husband and I went by Amy's new place today (in Pedro Gourmet's old location on Ocampo at Aquiles Serdan) and can happily report they are both still smiling and moving forward. We both had one of Amy's new burger's me: jalapeño bacon and hubby guacamole. You can either have Faye's homemade potato salad or chips as a side. A great new addition (we needed a good burger spot again and I'm happy to say I think we have one)! Dad even installed his gas grill from home. There's a pizza oven and Amy mentioned she'd like to have pizza once she gets a good dough recipe.

They are going slowly to rebuild their old restaurant with some of their/our favorites so please be patient. It's not the old place...it will be great if because the most important part of that business was Amy, Faye, their charm, expertise, and wonderful recipes.

Please drop by and say hello and by all means try a great burger!

Bear in mind that you can't drive West on Ocampo which is a one way heading East. From the Carretera, turn toward the Lake at the corner nearest El Serape, head to Ocampo and turn left. Park. That's the corner.

Thanks - I love Amy and Faye - gotta go!!!!

Went for lunch today. REALLY good burgers and very happy to see Amy & Faye up and running. They are going to develop their menu over time - different than before but same level of delicious food.

We will definitely be regulars and look forward to watching them get this new venture up and running.

Patty was delightful too and we will try out her part of the operation at times we might not have thought of before. Win Win for all of them - and for us!!!

Lenny: Why make any reference to Tom's bar. Amy's new location is located exactly 3 blocks (not 6) from the Chameleon Bar on the same side of the street. Walking from the Camaleon (Eng: Chameleon) which is on the north east corner of Constitucion and Marcos Castellanos. You cross Marcos Castellanos, continue west and cross Colon; continue west and cross Juarez and at the next corner (about 100 yds from Mannix Restaurant, you'll find Amy & Faye's (formerly Patty's) new location.

johnkz & Gringal: Luis was, initially with Patty when she opened. He didn't remain long. He has been back at Tom's Bar from time to time and has also been at the Piano Rosa. Not sure where he is at present but unless he's quit smoking he's possibly at Tom's more than elsewhere.

El Salto's: What does it matter? Amy and her Mom are the key!

Just got back from lunch, yummy bbq bacon burger and lovely potato salad!

Its a keeper (hopefully and fingers crossed!)

Last night my wife and I enjoyed the best burgers I have eaten Lakeside. The potato salad was one of the best including my own.

Lenny: Why make any reference to Tom's bar. Amy's new location is located exactly 3 blocks (not 6) from the Chameleon Bar on the same side of the street. Walking from the Camaleon (Eng: Chameleon) which is on the north east corner of Constitucion and Marcos Castellanos. You cross Marcos Castellanos, continue west and cross Colon; continue west and cross Juarez and at the next corner (about 100 yds from Mannix Restaurant, you'll find Amy & Faye's (formerly Patty's) new location.

johnkz & Gringal: Luis was, initially with Patty when she opened. He didn't remain long. He has been back at Tom's Bar from time to time and has also been at the Piano Rosa. Not sure where he is at present but unless he's quit smoking he's possibly at Tom's more than elsewhere.

El Salto's: What does it matter? Amy and her Mom are the key!

Luis is working at Piano Rojo.

Last night my wife and I enjoyed the best burgers I have eaten Lakeside. The potato salad was one of the best including my own.

I like the beef on the burgers at Early Bird better but will return to Amy's. Fries at Early Bird vs. good potato salad.

Life is full of difficult decisions.

We don't (as a rule) eat beef either - but.....we just got home from Amy's/Patty's Place and OMG ! I don't think I've had a burger like that in my life (at least that I can remember). The potato salad arrived from Faye just as we ordered and it was warm on our plates. We were fans in their last restaurant and we are huge fans of what she has to offer at this one. Way to go girl!

Luis is also at Hacienda del Lago.

I am not a burger person, but was told that I could have chicken breast while the husband has his burger. He loved his, I liked mine. T

here is poker at 4 on Sundays with a 20 peso buffet and $100 peso buy-in to get $200 pesos worth of chips. I am not a player but think I will go for the novelty.

Burgers aren't "bad for you" per se: in fact the latest health recommendation is to go ahead and have some beef on occasion, just keep it LEAN. Trouble with burgers is that many people want them fatty, and that isn't good for you. Amy's are lean enough to be "healthy" burgers. I dunno about the potato salad, but it certainly is tasty.

Nothing against the Mexican diet of tacos, beans and chile con carne. I make a lot of taco based meals, but watch out for those grease sticks that are so popular and a few other heart attack-inducing favorites. And then, there's the Coca Cola consumption here. Oy.

Archived