Chapala.com Webboard

Short-term Auto Insurance for USA

• 3 weeks later...

when i checke out their web site - it says it requires a US license.... wonder f you would have been covered in an accident.

Cars & Vans with USA license plates.
This service is only for foreigners who reside permanently in Mexico and drive cars or vans with license plates from USA. Any person (FM3 Mexican or foreign) who lives in Mexico, traveling as a tourist to the U.S. in a vehicle with U.S. plates. The home must be in Mexico, and the person must be licensed in the USA.

agent locally told me i have to wait till i cross the border to buy it.... bet i pay a lot more

tried calling..segurogringo to verify was told to call back in 50 min. to get english speaker

At the border, I paid $100 for a 1 month policy - they would not write for less time....... I had a US license so don't know if that is or is not a requirement

At the border, I paid $100 for a 1 month policy - they would not write for less time....... I had a US license so don't know if that is or is not a requirement

ouch - on the US side right???

i may just get segurogringo..... take the risk....

ouch - on the US side right???

i may just get segurogringo..... take the risk....

yes - a couple blocks up from US customs. There may have been others - but I did ask the US customs guy where I could find an insurance office - and he gave directions to this place - and I didn't notice any other insurance offices until I got to this one.

Archived