Chapala.com Webboard

Tio Corp Car Importation?

I really think none of this is germane to the discussion. Apparently, Tio Corp. was taken in by the importer and apparently a lot of deposit money was given to said importer and has disappeared. Apparently, some fake Pedimentos were issued. Apparently, at this time, everyone is trying to get their money back and looking for Tio Corp. to take responsibility since it was marketed through them.

We need to be careful here not to appear defaming a business. Stick to the known information and let's don't go off in tangents about whether or not other information has been copied. Perhaps going forward we can have posts here from people who did make deposits and who can report the status of getting some of their money back.

I really think none of this is germane to the discussion. Apparently, Tio Corp. was taken in by the importer and apparently a lot of deposit money was given to said importer and has disappeared. Apparently, some fake Pedimentos were issued. Apparently, at this time, everyone is trying to get their money back and looking for Tio Corp. to take responsibility since it was marketed through them.

We need to be careful here not to appear defaming a business. Stick to the known information and let's don't go off in tangents about whether or not other information has been copied. Perhaps going forward we can have posts here from people who did make deposits and who can report the status of getting some of their money back.

Are you aware that the "Terms and Conditions" on the estimate given to clients for nationalizing their vehicle reads:

“Should the AGENT [TioCorp] be unable to deliver the pedimento due to circumstances beyond his control, any deposits, less any incidental costs such as courier services of NSF charges on the deposit, shall be fully refunded to the CLIENT. “

That seems pretty clear to me that TioCorp should refund 100% of the money collected from clients. What am I not understanding here? Also TioCorp continued to take money from April 12 on but did not send it to the broker in Tijuana. Why were they still collecting money if they knew there was a problem? Also, why were they still advertising this service in local publications after that date?

I wonder if anyone from this forum lost money to Tiocorp's scam.

Tio Corp. is run by honest people, they got caught in a scam which was none of their doing. As the largest Insurer at Lakeside they are a company one can trust. They offered a service clients requested, they failed to deliver and will refund as stated. Blame must be shared by expats who insist to drive foreign plated cars in Mexico when they are residents, you just cannot have it both ways.

Interesting but misleading point. Copyrights are a legal concept, not a document or certificate. New works are legally copyrighted simply by publishing them.

Since Mexico, the USA, and Canada have agreed to copyright protections, all new written works published in Canada, USA or Mexico automatically are the copyrighted property of the author. People with a stronger desire for additional protection can register their copyright with their government, like with the Library of Congress for US works. Typically, the duration of a modern copyright is the life of the creator plus 50-100 hundred years from the creator's death.

Using the " © " symbol is no longer necessary, but an author clearly identifies their intent to identify their writings as original work by adding the © symbol to their work.

My apologies for going off-topic. Copyright protections are worthwhile, beneficial, and worth explaining, especially when we are writing things, like on this web-forum, which is why I described TioCorp's illegal copying of Yucalandia's material as yet another questionable practice in that other post. Which takes us back to questionable practices and the core of this thread.

http://www.wipo.int/export/sites/www/freepublications/en/intproperty/909/wipo_pub_909.pdf

Have any of you guys ever bought copyright protected CD's at the local market or elesewhere?

"...Check out his website...still up and running. ... There is something wrong with us for throwing stones at the wrong peope in our blogs. "

I just checked-out the TioCorp webpages on Importing Vehicles http://www.tiocorpinsurance.com/index.cfm/importing-vehicles-into-mexico/ and

Who Can Drive Your Car in Mexico http://www.tiocorpinsurance.com/index.cfm/driving-in-mexico/article-106/

and

Yucalandia's Importing & Driving a Car in Mexico article at http://yucalandia.com/driving-in-mexico-issues-fun/importing-driving-a-car-in-mexico/ .

TioCorp has definitely copied Yucalandia's original article's text and published it as original TioCorp text.

TioCorp has plaigerised Yucalandia.com and given no credit to Yucalandia, ignoring Yucalandia's claims of copyright on every page on their site.

Who is throwing stones at the wrong people ?

Who continued to take customer deposits for weeks after being formally notified by 2 separate individuals of problems with the TioCorp fake pedimento?

Who is publishing several pages of copyrighted material as their own original content?

Just checked their site and credit is given

Just got an email from a friend who got it from a good source.....This could happen to you very soon! A law office in the area has collected money to nationalize cars and they started this year in 2013, they will give you a pedimento dated 2011, obviously fake and a tarjeta de circulacion, also fake but a nice looking fake. They also give license plates that show as stolen, which if you are pulled over they will think you stole the car and you will be looking down the barrell of quite a few guns and lose your car and liberty.
I spoke with the attorney doing this and warned him over a week ago about these papers and that he needed to check the web site and gave him a print out of the page showing other plates were stolen and told him to check all plates given. He was not very nice to me (threatened me) and someone else sent me papers for verification and yes all fake and this stinker has known for a over a week that his people were driving on fake papers and stolen plates and apparently hasn't notified his clients.

Please if a law firm got you fast papers and plates, go to this web site http://www2.repuve.g...servletconsulta

And enter your Jalisco license plate number in the first space and remember to put the code in the last box and then hit BUSCAR. If the result comes up as CON REPORTE DE ROBO then DO NOT DRIVE YOUR VEHICLE ANYWHERE OR YOU WILL BE ARRESTED AND CAR who tells me that a local law firm has been promoting pedimentos for fast delivery and plates are delivered...BUT plates are stolen and pedimento is fake, so people are driving around with stolen plates. The only law firm I know involved in pedimentos is Ajijic Legal who has been using Maurice Mora out of Guad. How can Maurice show up at the Ajijic Legal offices with licence plates in hand without taking the car to the licinsing office in Guad? Does anyone know of any other law firms doing this?

Just got an email from a friend who got it from a good source.....This could happen to you very soon! A law office in the area has collected money to nationalize cars and they started this year in 2013, they will give you a pedimento dated 2011, obviously fake and a tarjeta de circulacion, also fake but a nice looking fake. They also give license plates that show as stolen, which if you are pulled over they will think you stole the car and you will be looking down the barrell of quite a few guns and lose your car and liberty.

I spoke with the attorney doing this and warned him over a week ago about these papers and that he needed to check the web site and gave him a print out of the page showing other plates were stolen and told him to check all plates given. He was not very nice to me (threatened me) and someone else sent me papers for verification and yes all fake and this stinker has known for a over a week that his people were driving on fake papers and stolen plates and apparently hasn't notified his clients.

Please if a law firm got you fast papers and plates, go to this web site http://www2.repuve.g...servletconsulta

And enter your Jalisco license plate number in the first space and remember to put the code in the last box and then hit BUSCAR. If the result comes up as CON REPORTE DE ROBO then DO NOT DRIVE YOUR VEHICLE ANYWHERE OR YOU WILL BE ARRESTED AND CAR who tells me that a local law firm has been promoting pedimentos for fast delivery and plates are delivered...BUT plates are stolen and pedimento is fake, so people are driving around with stolen plates. The only law firm I know involved in pedimentos is Ajijic Legal who has been using Maurice Mora out of Guad. How can Maurice show up at the Ajijic Legal offices with licence plates in hand without taking the car to the licinsing office in Guad? Does anyone know of any other law firms doing this?

Have any of you guys ever bought copyright protected CD's at the local market or elesewhere?

YA. I buy movies too.

Rose Button has taken it upon herself to reply to this post and speaking of Maurice Mora before finding out for herself if in fact her information is correct. By simply calling either Maurice Mora or Ajijic Legal and Immigration Services she could have found out that Maurice takes every single of the more than 60 vehicles he has completed to Vialidad in GDL for the forensics inspection before getting plates. Once this inspection is completed, Vialidad issues plates which are then with the vehicle delivered back to the client/owner with the new plates.

Please everyone, before posting your "thoughts" on these matters, verify your information. Too many people take these posts very seruiously, and scaring them with false information is not helpful to anyone.

The only law firm I know involved in pedimentos is Ajijic Legal who has been using Maurice Mora out of Guad. How can Maurice show up at the Ajijic Legal offices with licence plates in hand without taking the car to the licinsing office in Guad? Does anyone know of any other law firms doing this?

I have spoken to Maurice Mora. He told me that he has to take the vehicle to Guadalajara for customs/vialidad to inspect and compare the VIN numbers etc. with the vehicle's paperwork. He indicated that the whole process takes about 45 days from start to finish. When he takes the vehicle to customs it usually is a day and a half before it is returned to the owner. I know someone who has researched Mr. Mora quite well and is going to use him to nationalize his vehicle. But I am sure he will be checking the various websites to double check that all is well.

Just as I was writing this I see Kevin Paulini has posted an excellent clarification of how Mr. Mora operates.

Rose Button has taken it upon herself to reply to this post and speaking of Maurice Mora before finding out for herself if in fact her information is correct. By simply calling either Maurice Mora or Ajijic Legal and Immigration Services she could have found out that Maurice takes every single of the more than 60 vehicles he has completed to Vialidad in GDL for the forensics inspection before getting plates. Once this inspection is completed, Vialidad issues plates which are then with the vehicle delivered back to the client/owner with the new plates.

Please everyone, before posting your "thoughts" on these matters, verify your information. Too many people take these posts very seruiously, and scaring them with false information is not helpful to anyone.

Kevin, what is your office charging to nationalize?

Joco, we actually do not do the Importations, Maurice Mora does. We do recommend him if your car qualifies. Am I allowed to give out this information on here? I beleive we are not allowed to advertise. Here is his number, if I have offended this Web Board by doing this, I apologize. Please remove my comment if I have broken a rule.

Just a little advanced warning, it isn't cheap, but it's all legal. His work is also gauranteed.

Number is 333-390-3436

http://issuu.com/ojo...y_2013?mode=win

dow

page 25

The ad from MulitSegurao HR states, "FOREIGN PLATED VEHICLES FOR PERMANENT RESIDENTS ARE OK / FOREIGN PLATED RATES STARTING AT 172 USD"

Does anyone have any background info on this?

Seems to contradict all other statements?

The cost for doing it legally seems to be around US$3,000. That's a long way from US$172!! As I said before on the other thread "Buyer Beware"!

So the people saying you have to take your car to the border in order to nationalize are mistaken?

Could you clarify?

So the people saying you have to take your car to the border in order to nationalize are mistaken?

Could you clarify?

Talk to Maurice, he will explain his process. He quoted me around three thousand to import my vehicle. I did try to research him and I could find no one who said anything negative and I did receive several recommendations. I decided not to import the vehicle and it has been sold to be returned to Canada. I found Maurice easy to talk to, but he is very serious about his business.

seems to be an ad for INSURANCE -not nationalizing

but interesting that they are saying permanente and foreign plates ok..... they'll insure you...

There are permanente folks who will continue to drive their foreign plated vehicles, but want to make sure they are covered by insurance. These are folks who have cars that they would be OK with if confiscated. Several have stated so on this board. So.... its good to know that they can obtain insurance. Maybe that is what the ad indicates.

Talk to Maurice, he will explain his process. He quoted me around three thousand to import my vehicle. I did try to research him and I could find no one who said anything negative and I did receive several recommendations. I decided not to import the vehicle and it has been sold to be returned to Canada. I found Maurice easy to talk to, but he is very serious about his business.

Thanks for the info. Did Maurice quote you a flat rate, or does it depend on the year and value of the vehicle?

P.S. Did his price include the Jalisco plates?

I have not received any complaints to date of anything suspicious involving Ajijic Legal, they are not the firm that is in trouble and I have heard nothing but good things about them and I know that Adriana is a very nice lady and competent. Nonetheless , there are many people duped by importation scams and I admonish all people to verify any documents received on government web sites, i.e. pedimentos and VIN numbers on Aduana's site and license plates on the Federal Vehicle registry site.

Archived