Chapala.com Webboard

Federal Police Now Checking For Foreign-Plated Cars with Expired TIPs

If he was a crooked cop he wasn´t a very smart one. He didn´t ask for the form letter from ADUANA extending the date on the expired TIP date on the windshield sticker and didn´t know about new INM cards or their visas statuses or didn´t ask for a INM card [poster didn´t say]. It appears he simply asked for a driver´s license and read article 106 and let her go without knowing what was really involved. These things happen.

He was looking for some bribe money. If she correctly reported what the federale said, he didn't have a clue about TIPs or Aduana. He said Aduana could give her a ticket if her car was illegal. The incident was, as she explained, all bull and Steve at Yucalandia went over the top with drama in the title.

He was looking for some bribe money. If she correctly reported what the federale said, he didn't have a clue about TIPs or Aduana. He said Aduana could give her a ticket if her car was illegal. The incident was, as she explained, all bull and Steve at Yucalandia went over the top with drama in the title.

I think your speculations on some threads that all officials are looking for bribe money is a bit tiresome at times and this seems to be one of them. IMO Alan

I think your speculations on some threads that all officials are looking for bribe money is a bit tiresome at times and this seems to be one of them. IMO Alan

I have never written that officials are looking for bribe money, not ever, not on any other thread, not at any time. If someone writing that officials are asking for bribe money is getting tiresome for you then I suggest you stop reading the threads where someone unbeknownst to me is writing that but do not accuse me of something I have not done.

In this case the federale threatened that Aduana would give the driver a ticket. Aduana does not issue tickets for illegal vehicles. What else do you think the federale wanted?

Archived