Chapala.com Webboard

One question to condominium owners

According to the condominium rules and regulations of Jalisco or other States, every condo association should have an assigned parking space in the Regime. Is it true?

Are there any condo owners here who could answer my question?

Thank you!

No, not true, check Civil Code Sections 1001-1038.

According to the condominium rules and regulations of Jalisco or other States, every condo association should have an assigned parking space in the Regime. Is it true?

Are there any condo owners here who could answer my question?

Thank you!

Not true. Most condos have narrow streets and only have parking in carports or garages.

Any requirements would be in the municipal regulations or state development plans.

We live in Birds. Everyone has assigned parking, it saves a lot of headaches. Think it's always been that way.

It makes sense. But this builder refuses to assign parking spaces, saying that the Regime has not been done that way. We are not asking for a "title" but we expect to be parking at the space spot all the time to avoid problems. This is not in the Chapala area.

All the condo we have dealt with in Canada, in the Caribbeans, we always had a parking space assigned. In Canada, it was even in our Regime, and we could not change it even if we wanted to. We could rent our spot because it was ours. I was just wondering if the Condominium Law in Mexico required a Regime to assign parking spaces in the contract. Or at least the Condo rules and regulations.

I found it and they will have to assign us a space, but it will not belong to us. It will be considered as "common area for private use" . . . not a private parking. And that's okay with me as long as I have the same parking space all the time.

Archived