Chapala.com Webboard

Chamber of Commerce have a new deal with Inmigration Service

Member of the Chamber of Commerce.

Foreign Community General.

Population of Lake Chapala

Present

In addition to sending a cordial and affectionate greeting, I am pleased to report that the Chamber of Commerce, Services and Tourism Delegación Ribera de Chapala, headed by Ms. Yolanda Martinez Llamas, fulfilling the commitments that this century-old institution has with each of our members where one of his main goals is to represent, Unite and Serve is pleased to report that on Monday April 22 of this year reached an agreement with the Delegación Local National Migration Institute (INM) as concerned about the wave of false rumors that has resulted in the mass exodus of tourists and foreign residents leaving disruption and loss of jobs in addition to the decline in retail sales in the area, as unscrupulous people with very little data have been devoted to misinform, extort and defraud the community making comments and false statements about the new immigration law for foreigners.

For this reason it has signed an agreement with the National Migration Institute (INM) for this Delegation is a way of reliable and clear, for this reason we will receive your calls and emails for any questions you may have regarding the new law, to call 76 6 35 28 and 76 6 27 84 or e-mail chapala@camaradecomerciogdl.mx where they can meet personally with the Deputy National Migration Institute which will be attending this Thursday April 25 from to 12:00 hrs. and until 14:00 hrs. In our facilities located in Calle Aldama 14 Letter O Ajijic Jalisco.

Hope this informaciónsea taken into account and make it known to the people close to you and have any questions regarding aforementioned dismissal without me being at your service for any questions or clarification.

Sincerely,

Yolanda Martinez Llamas

Delegate Guadalajara Chamber of Commerce

In the Lake Chapala

Together The Do!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For this reason it has signed an agreement with the National Migration Institute (INM) for this Delegation is a way of reliable and clear, for this reason we will receive your calls and emails for any questions you may have regarding the new law, to call 76 6 35 28 and 76 6 27 84 or e-mail chapala@camaradecomerciogdl.mx where they can meet personally with the Deputy National Migration Institute which will be attending this Thursday April 25 from to 12:00 hrs. and until 14:00 hrs. In our facilities located in Calle Aldama 14 Letter O Ajijic Jalisco.

Hope this informaciónsea taken into account and make it known to the people close to you and have any questions regarding aforementioned dismissal without me being at your service for any questions or clarification.

That is the agreement, that the Chamber of Commerce will be answering INM questions. Usually they do not deal with INM questions, they just do tourism and commerce....

the agreement which was reached was that the chamber of commerce here in Chapala will be the only place where all questions and comments to be taken with respect to the new migration law are answered and in any case are directed to manager of migration in guadalajara. this is to prevent extortion by people who take advantage of the situation and cheat the foreign community. that's why if you have any questions please send an email and your question will be answered as soon as possible, at no cost this service is part of the work the Chamber of Commerce does for our affiliate partners and the community in general.

That is the agreement, that the Chamber of Commerce will be answering INM questions. Usually they do not deal with INM questions, they just do tourism and commerce....

greetings I commented that fact our corporate vision is to represent, serve to unite and form. the chamber of commerce is so great that one of the specialties is representing and in this case we are representing the riverside shops before the migration institute. this to avoid massive flight of foreign and so our business can go broke. have a nice day

May I ask what kind of extortion and cheating has been happening?

Was it with regard to Immigration or about vehicles?

greetings, the kind of extortion that has been is that some lawyers ask for money promising to be fixed in mexico his legal situation, saying that they belong to the Institute of migration.
and in fact it is only with reference to immigration law.
about the vehicles in the coming weeks will seek a meeting with Secretary of tax administration (SAT)

Chamber of Commerce, you do know that Aduana is taking a very hard line about cars? See this information just posted by a very honest and well informed local immigration lawyer:

http://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?showtopic=43497

Many of us are in the situation where under the new law we have to suddenly get rid of cars because we are basically being given little choice about going Permanente. I would expect that in the Lakeside area this may be a bigger problem than the rest. It is going to cost us many thousands of dollars.

People are adding it up and it is getting to be too much: The crime, the chaotic implementation of the new INM law and now the inflexible overnight hard line being taken by Aduana about cars, and they are saying enough is enough. People are leaving. Something needs to be done quickly to restore the confidence that expats are losing. You can't do much about the crime but you definitely can do a lot about the rest.

Just my 2 pesos.

And the person answering questions is an attorney experienced with immigration law who is bilingual? Sorry, but I have little hope with these meetings because nobody with any clout is there and they always ask some low level person questions with contradictory responses and no written authority to back it up.

And the person answering questions is an attorney experienced with immigration law who is bilingual? Sorry, but I have little hope with these meetings because nobody with any clout is there and they always ask some low level person questions with contradictory responses and no written authority to back it up.

Saludos Spencer, que tal mira te comento que la persona que viene el dia de mañana no es ningun notario o abogado o cosa que se le parezca. mira te platico brevemente como podras haber leido en repuestas pasadas, la Camara sirve como representante de los negocios afiliados a esta H. institucion, la cual entre una de sus tantas tareas es representar. por tal motivo y a peticion de nuestros socios ubicados aqui en la Ribera nuestra delegada la Sra Yolanda Martinez Llamas se dio a la tarea de agendar una cita con el Titular de Migracion a nivel estatal la cual se nos concedio y le presentamos todas las anomalias que esta ley a traido a nuestra ragion, y sobre todo presentandole las estadisticas y los daños colatelares que esto pudiera traer a un corto plazo viendose afectados principalmente los negocios y gente que depende totalmente de la comunidad extranjera. es por eso que el Titular de INM nos asigno al Delegado de Migracion aqui en Chapala para que atravez de nosotros se hicieran preguntas y asi llevarlas directamente a la persona ya mencionada, y a su vez esta persona se comprometio a asistir a nuestras oficinas 1 vez a la quincena durante 2 hrs para atender los casos especiales y darles solucion aqui mismo o por correo. Asi que como podras ver no queremos ni competir con nadie, ni entrar en ningun tipo de polemicas, simplemente queremos proteger lo que nos interesa y que sinceramente creo que para los que dependemos de este mercado es importante. Asi que sin mas espero y nos de la oportunidad de servirte, y si podemos ayudarte creame que con gusto lo haremos quedo a sus ordenes su servidor Juan Manuel Rosales Hernandez. Titular de Delegacion en la Ribera de Chapala. Buenas tardes.

So it seems that the businessmen in Chapala have contacted the INM state office and have a commitment from that office to send a representative here tomorrow to address special INM problems for 2 hours.

We can at least appreciate their initiative to try to assist.

Since most readers of this forum are primarily English speakers, it would be courteous if the post addressed to Spencer in answer to his post were translated. Thank you in advance for doing so.

the anwser sey.

Greetings Spencer, who may look at you commented that the person who comes the morning day is not any notary or lawyer or anything like it. look briefly as you can I talk you have read in previous responses, the Chamber serves as business representative members to the H. institution, which as one of its many tasks is to represent. for this reason and request of our members located here in lakeside, Mrs Yolanda Martinez Llamas took on the task of scheduling an appointment with the Head of Migration at the state level which we were granted and all anomalies present this law brought to our ragion, and especially by presenting statistics and colatelares damages that this may bring short term being watched mainly affected businesses and people that depend entirely on the foreign community. that is why we Holder INM Migration assign to delegate here in Chapala for us right through to ask questions and so take them directly to the person already mentioned, and in turn this person pledged to attend our offices 1 time fortnight for 2 hrs to meet special cases and solving them right here or by mail. So as you can see we do not want to compete with anyone, nor enter into any kind of polemics, just want to protect what we want and we sincerely believe that for those who depend on this market is important. So no more hope and give us the opportunity to serve, and believe me if we can help you we will gladly stay at your orders his servant Juan Manuel Rosales Hernandez. Head of Delegation in the Lake Chapala. Good afternoon.

.....because Spencer is bilingual and was being addressed directly. Sr. Rosales has some Eglish, but is not sufficiently fluent to make himself absolutely clear to English-only speakers.

I join others in wondering if miscommunication, as wells as the SNAFU in implementing questionable rules is not the cause of departure for many expats. We are all frustrated and no longer trust the government agencies to treat us fairly. Many people, especially the eldeerly, are simply saying BASTA. We can no longer afford to change our plans whenever the rules change. It always costs us more and more, while the government and its agencies seem not to care. Confusion in retirement is not a good thing and the lack of logic in these circumstances is much too obvious.

We need all the help and allies we can get right now. Some of you may not want to realize it, but our community is threatened by all this chaos from INM and heavy-handedness from Adjuana. Anyone who wants to stand up for us from the Mexican business community should be given the benefit of the doubt IMHO.

Thank you Chamber of Commerce/ Sr. Rosales.

Well put, RV.

The most helpful thing that the chamber could do would be to arrange for coordination between INM, Aduana and to get the state too put a stop to transitos actions against foreigners. That alone can cause departures. INM and Aduana seem free of corruption; not so with transitos.

I, too, am appreciative of any help that the Chapala Chamber of Commerce is willing to give us while we all try to figure out the confusion that has gone on for about two years, parts of which, are still unresolved and evolving even after all of this time. Talk about stress? Well, we did not come here for it, but we sure do have it now.

I am not clear on this. Is there a meeting? When and where is it? Are all of us invited and able to ask questions and have them answered? If so, hope it is a large venue, as it will be packed to the rafters with those of us expats who are trying to figure out whether to stay in Mexico or leave, which I think that very few of us want to do.

ok but well my ingles it is no so good but i will try. so the anwser sey.

Greetings Spencer, who may look at you commented that the person who comes the morning day is not any notary or lawyer or anything like it. look briefly as you can I talk you have read in previous responses, the Chamber serves as business representative members to the H. institution, which as one of its many tasks is to represent. for this reason and request of our members located here in lakeside, Mrs Yolanda Martinez Llamas took on the task of scheduling an appointment with the Head of Migration at the state level which we were granted and all anomalies present this law brought to our ragion, and especially by presenting statistics and colatelares damages that this may bring short term being watched mainly affected businesses and people that depend entirely on the foreign community. that is why we Holder INM Migration assign to delegate here in Chapala for us right through to ask questions and so take them directly to the person already mentioned, and in turn this person pledged to attend our offices 1 time fortnight for 2 hrs to meet special cases and solving them right here or by mail. So as you can see we do not want to compete with anyone, nor enter into any kind of polemics, just want to protect what we want and we sincerely believe that for those who depend on this market is important. So no more hope and give us the opportunity to serve, and believe me if we can help you we will gladly stay at your orders his servant Juan Manuel Rosales Hernandez. Head of Delegation in the Lake Chapala. Good afternoon.

Thank you so much for taking the time to translate this into English for us. You did a great job and we are grateful to you for all that you are attempting to do for us.

Foreigners are angry about:

sudden changes to immigration where no real answers are given, even after numerous meetings

Very high entrance requirements that basically say ... we don't want you here unless you're rich

Suddenly Mexico is not an expat friendly country.

not knowing or understanding what is going to happen with our cars

allowing us into the country under one law and then suddenly changing it ... even though no one really understand the changes or even know what they are yet

if we have to go north or south to legalize our cars we might as well keep on going and live somewhere else

not allowing many cars to be legalized as they are from "bad" countries

6 police officers arrested for kidnapping does not make people Mexican or Expat feel very comfortable here.

Many other countries offer better options than Mexico does and they are more friendly to people who are retired.

I think the Mexican government has made it very clear that if you don't have money Mexico does not want you.

Uruguay and Peru are looking very good right now. Panama and Nicaragua are very Expat friendly.

I really don't want to live where I feel I'm not wanted.

PS. One more thing.

Many of us are sick of the Vialidad / Transitos constantly looking for mordida and if we say no, threatening to take our automobiles. Could some ask them to STOP DOING THIS TO US. If I violated the law I WANT to pay the ticket.

Archived