Chapala.com Webboard

Anyone downgraded their Telmex account?

I downgraded about 3 years ago and saw no noticeable difference in internet speed. Ask to see the manager. There should be no problem unless you signed up for some non-cancelable long term plan which i doubt. I simply walked in and asked for the change which was applied to my next bill.

If the account is in your name you can do whatever you want, but if in another name, I doubt you could do anything. If in another name, apply for a new number and internet in your name and advise the landlord that you will no longer be responsible for the current phone and internet so he/she/they can cancel it themselves.

or ask the owner of the line (if it is not your line) to do the changes, the owner only needs to have a bill issued in his/her name, not important if it is only just the phone service....

We also rent. At the Ajijic office I upgraded to the 599 plan on the promise of faster internet speed. After waiting for 4 months without the promised speed increase i downgraded to the 389 plan and demanded and received a partial rebate. 3 weeks after the downgrade my Internet speed doubled to 3 meg all by itself. Go figure.

Archived