Chapala.com Webboard

Filing to request suspension of parking meter enforcement

Today I filed the request to suspend the concession of the company who does the parking meters as they haven´t held up their end of the bargain and to verify and provide me with a written report on the cameras they promised to install.

http://www.chapalalaw.com/Parking.pdf

I disagree, the money helps the city. This kind of collection helps the Country to enforce other benefits.

Money? The municipality was to get 10% the reason being the large investment by the meter company. Cameras to protect those who park, now the company gets the lion´s share and has failed to do their part which was the reason for them getting 90% and also to protect the citizens.

Thanks for following up on the cameras, Spencer. The parking meter company should live up to their agreement.

Just my two cents worth, but I am finding it much more enjoyable downtown now with the parking meters. I can actually find a place to park! and I don't mind the few pesos and the minute or two it takes to get the payment stub.

Just today, (FYI) I was in a hurry, I parked and the "orange vest guys" stated they would take my money and place it in the meter/money box). Upon my return I was getting a ticket.....I told the officer what happened, and he agreed, those guys kept my money, he shook his head and nicely tore up the ticket he had just issued. Lesson: Put the money in yourself, those parking guys just found a new way to scam.

Sounds like the Chapala government signed a "sweetheart" deal. Wonder how much the guys who signed it got as a "gift."

Ten percent is a joke. I did a little looking up about these arrangements elsewhere and the government seems to get a whole lot more than ten percent.

This deal smells.

That was answered above. Fully ninety percent is going to the company who installed the pay stations and does the enforcement and was supposed to also install security cameras.

Money? The municipality was to get 10% the reason being the large investment by the meter company. Cameras to protect those who park, now the company gets the lion´s share and has failed to do their part which was the reason for them getting 90% and also to protect the citizens.

We drove through Chapala today, lots of empty paid parking spaces. Parking meters good for the city but bad for the merchants.

Why do you think that all the parked cars, "that were parked all day", are shoppers..I think "reasonable" parking fees allow real shoppers to get in and out as needed

Archived