Chapala.com Webboard

Looking to have some furniture painted

We have six unfinished, heavily carved pine dining room chairs that need to be painted and finished. They are the typical stuff you see around Tonala.

Looking for someone who could paint the backs in typical Mexican style and stain them. Anyone know where I might get this done for a reasonable price?

I had a heavily carved table & 8 chairs painted by the man across from Mascara's Clinic. I don't have his card but I thought his cost was reasonable & he did a great job. He's on the mountainside of the Carretera on the service road. His building is painted very colorfully.

Victor Romero and his wife, Isela, paint furniture. Their Gallery is on Javier Mina, just below the Carretera (and a few doors down from Gossips Restaurant). I've seen several pieces they've done in the past and they are lovely.

Good luck!

Valerie :)

Noe is the one with the shop on the mountainside in Riberas. His folk art painting skils are top notch and he seems to like to do projects people bring to him. He can make trash look like a pricey piece of custom furniture from a decorator/designer. His pricing always seemed very reasonable to me. The stuff in his shop is more what he thinks people will buy but I think his creative talents show in what he does on request for his clients

I had a heavily carved table & 8 chairs painted by the man across from Mascara's Clinic. I don't have his card but I thought his cost was reasonable & he did a great job. He's on the mountainside of the Carretera on the service road. His building is painted very colorfully.

!

His name is noe Ortega and I agree, he does great work

Archived