Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for Artist Who Can Paint Murals and Faux Finishes

cstone

Victor Romero. His studio is on Javier Mina down from Gossips.

He did a mural on my garden wall and did a mural on someone else's back wall of Ajijic that looks like you can walk right into it.

Efren Gonzales has also done murals in the past. I don't know if he still does.

Another vote for Victor Romero and/or his wife, Isela. We have a lovely mural on a wall in our carport. It's at Javier Mina 37A and can be seen from the street. It's just a couple of doors down from the Carretera (below Gossips Restaurant) on Javier Mina. Check it out and then walk 2 doors down to see Victor and Isela at work. Very talented, kind and wonderful people.

Valerie :)

Mayra Lisset Torres Herrera is an architect and artist. She did interior faux stone paint and tromp d'oleil (sp) mural type painting for me which gets rave reviews. She does sketches first with various options. Very reasonably priced. Speaks English.

Mayra Lisset Torres Herrera

Can some of you give us some idea of the size and cost of some of your murals? We have an atrium that could be muralized but the dinero is a bit tight at the moment.

Thanks.

Eagles, love that one you linked for the picture. Did you notice the turtle with the shadow in the pool, giving the illusion he is swimming there? Neat!

If you are wanting something unique, I can highly recommend Federico Enciso, who goes by Fede. He does incredible work in stone mosaics and is the one that designed the new Ajijic plaza walkways, etc. If you go to http://www.federicoofajijic.com/ he has a couple of walls that he has done. Just click on on "Art Wall" (think he means Wall Art). He does speak English pretty well and is a super nice guy. Worth taking a look and while there be sure to check out his furniture, mouldings, floors, decorative items and architectural accents for a WOW moment. Yes, I am a client AND undeniably a fan!!

Victor Romero did two murals for me at my house a couple of years ago and a full faux cantera stone wall behind my bed and we are extremely pleased. At the time the murals were about 25 feet long, 8 feet high and cost around $8000. pesos each. He is able to protray such depth. The one in our backyard patio makes you think you could just walk out our patio door and continue walking down the street until you get to the church in Ajijic. It made our very narrow (about 12' patio) feel like it was many times that size. I wouldn't hesistate to use Victor again and again.

Eagles, love that one you linked for the picture. Did you notice the turtle with the shadow in the pool, giving the illusion he is swimming there? Neat!

Mainecoons ... Yes, I noticed the turtle as this is at our house B)

There are 2 turtles in the pool done with tiles to look 3 dimensional. A friend's daughter asked me why the turtles did come to the top of the pool :)

• 1 year later...

Another vote for Victor Romero and/or his wife, Isela. We have a lovely mural on a wall in our carport. It's at Javier Mina 37A and can be seen from the street. It's just a couple of doors down from the Carretera (below Gossips Restaurant) on Javier Mina. Check it out and then walk 2 doors down to see Victor and Isela at work. Very talented, kind and wonderful people.

Valerie :)

Victor Romero. His studio is on Javier Mina down from Gossips.

He did a mural on my garden wall and did a mural on someone else's back wall of Ajijic that looks like you can walk right into it.

Efren Gonzales has also done murals in the past. I don't know if he still does.

Victor Romero did a street scene on my front yard wall and his wife Isela painted birds of paradise on my sidewalk wall.

PM me if you'd like to come have a look.

I am totally pleased with both.

This is an older post, but oh so handy... Saved me from posting an inquiry!

We are installing some rails and dog gates and would like to do something arty to have one of them

blend into the wall a bit better. Painting of vines or landscape may be just the ticket!

Can you give me a cost reference for how much your projects cost (and approx size of mural etc)

I would appreciate that as a starting point before contacting Victor Romero!

Thanks once again to the more experienced on this webboard!

Give Lori a try. Her work is wonderful.

loritruly@mac.com

She did the mural that used to be on the outside of Restaurant Number 4. Beautiful. And then they painted over it with dark brown when they re-opened. Grrr.

Right now, Jesus Lopez Vega is painting a mural, over on the side wall of LCS, He has a completed one on the wall facing the parking lot behind the Ajijic malecon.

Jose Duran did one around that corner on the walls of the street leading to Maria Isobel. He is often seen selling his calendars at Superlake.

Archived