Chapala.com Webboard

Working visa for the 1st time

karen89

Hi everyone! I wonder if there's someone that could give me some advice about the process of getting a visa to work in Guadalajara. My boyfriend turned in all the papers at INM and apparently everything was alright.

We have been getting the following status when we check the piece number:

Fecha Estatus Trámite Ubicación 26/02/2013 El trámite ha sido registrado Delegación Federal en Jalisco 26/02/2013 El tramite ha sido asignado Delegación Federal en Jalisco 27/02/2013 El trámite ha sido clasificado Delegación Federal en Jalisco 01/03/2013 Presentarse en una oficina del INM Delegación Federal en Jalisco 07/03/2013 Notificado en ventanilla Delegación Federal en Jalisco 21/03/2013 Registro de alcance Delegación Federal en Jalisco

Does anyone know what does registro de alcance means? How long does it take to change from registro de alcance to the next step and what is it supposed to say after? Any advice or similar experience you can share will be much appreciated!!! ^_^

Kind regards

It means they wanted something and you turned it in, now wait for the next notification

Could be from a few days to a few weeks unless they lose your file, wait and if more then 30 days pass then ask for a hearing

Hi, my company applied for my work permit in January but the process is going very slowly, is that normal?

There is any way to get a faster resolution?

Here is the status:

Fecha Estatus Trámite Ubicación 23/01/2013 El trámite ha sido registrado Delegación Federal en Distrito Federal 23/01/2013 El tramite ha sido asignado Delegación Federal en Distrito Federal 23/01/2013 El trámite ha sido clasificado Delegación Federal en Distrito Federal 07/03/2013 Presentarse en una oficina del INM Delegación Federal en Distrito Federal 08/03/2013 Notificado en ventanilla Delegación Federal en Distrito Federal 12/03/2013 Registro de alcance Delegación Federal en Distrito Federal

Looks like Mexico City is handling it, needed something on March 8th, someone received the notification on March 12 and then later turned in papers. They are very slow in many cases and just getting used to the new system.

Archived