Chapala.com Webboard

lakechapalacrime site is closed

bennie

the site will be up untill september, but not taking reports. i see they are offering the archives/site to anyone who may be interested in continuing the project. (this was also announced in the guad reporter). focus is crime against expats, as in breakins etc. there is a home page where they occasionally report local mexican crime. see site for contact info. this site was very helpful to the owner of several rentals, as they installed more security. happy tenents are also good for business.

due to lack of reports....

people were not reporting. the owner had a deadline for march 18th for reports. had i known this, i would have reported breakins. reason i didnt (i am usually dilligent) was because i was very sick. also needed to find out name of the newer small developement where the breakins occurred early march, get permission from administrators. (or just get the street name, which would suffice. doute they would want the more than that published). unfortunatly when i was ready to report, site closed. also, the site did not have constant flyers around town. forums are good for reminders but i also think flyers reach more people. not everyone goes on forums. anyway, it would be a great service for someone to run the site. it has th original format, easy & clear.

Although I am glad I only had one crime to report a long time ago, I am very sorry that others didn't report crimes when they occurred. I for one greatly appreciated this site and the time that folks like bennie and others took over the years to report what they knew.

last time someone did step in, lets hope the right person sees this thread. i have zero computer/office skills, i cannot take the job.

Archived