Chapala.com Webboard

towing cars in Las Salvias

One street below me in Las Salvias, they are towing all the cars away (there aren't many and all are from the North) because of a religious parade tonight up in the hills above Tempisque.

I don't know how many streets they are clearing, but I watched one tow truck in action.

I hope someone who is more familiar with what is happening tonight I think near 9 PM could give better or correct my information if it isn't correct

Thursday evening, March 28, the Passion Play will feature scenes of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane , staged in upper Ajijic in the hills at the top of Calle El Tempisque, starting around, 9 p.m. There is no seating, only standing room. The Roman soldiers will come and take the Jesus character away, and a torch-lit procession proceeds down to the chapel in Ajijic for the final scenes that night.

As per ajijicnews.com

I think the procession comes up Juarez, crosses the carretera, turns west on Angel Flores, goes to Tempisque and up to the top of the street.

I think the procession comes up Juarez, crosses the carretera, turns west on Angel Flores, goes to Tempisque and up to the top of the street.

This year, since the crucifixion site has changed, it won't be coming down my street. The neighbors always lit bonfires to light the way, and we turned off our house lights. It is very short and quick, but quite impressive, IMHO.

Archived