Chapala.com Webboard

Immigration Card

gogirl

We were just told that our cards are ready. We were fingerprinted exactly 2 weeks ago. Pretty quick. We started the process in December, so in total about 3 months.

Just got my Permanente resident (after FM3 - Proroga 3)today.

Dates for your reference:

* Fm3 was due to expire on Feb. 18.

* Jan. 26. Used facilitator and gave all the info requested (no financials needed)

* Jan. 29. El tramite ha sido registrado/ asignado

* Feb. 11. El tramite ha sido clasificado/trasladado

* Feb 26. el tramite ha sido recibido

* Feb. 27 Presentarse en una oficina dle INM / Registre los datos para la expedicion de su documento migratorio ( This means - go to Guadlajara and give fingerprints)

* March 7th Went to Guadlajara Immigration and gave fingerprints ( about two hours total in Guad inm. office)

* March 26 - got call from Facilitator that card is ready.

* March 27 - Card is in my hands.

I plan to make copies of the card and have them notarized and keep in glove comaprtment of the car.

I asked the facilitator if any decisions have been anounced by aduana re: foreign plated cars with Residente Permanente cards. he advised that no anouncment from aduana has been made as of today (march 27, 2013)

So grand total for the process was almost exactly 2 months.

Just got my Permanente resident (after FM3 - Proroga 3)today.

Dates for your reference:

* Fm3 was due to expire on Feb. 18.

* Jan. 26. Used facilitator and gave all the info requested (no financials needed)

* Jan. 29. El tramite ha sido registrado/ asignado

* Feb. 11. El tramite ha sido clasificado/trasladado

* Feb 26. el tramite ha sido recibido

* Feb. 27 Presentarse en una oficina dle INM / Registre los datos para la expedicion de su documento migratorio ( This means - go to Guadlajara and give fingerprints)

* March 7th Went to Guadlajara Immigration and gave fingerprints ( about two hours total in Guad inm. office)

* March 26 - got call from Facilitator that card is ready.

* March 27 - Card is in my hands.

I plan to make copies of the card and have them notarized and keep in glove comaprtment of the car.

I asked the facilitator if any decisions have been anounced by aduana re: foreign plated cars with Residente Permanente cards. he advised that no anouncment from aduana has been made as of today (march 27, 2013)

So grand total for the process was almost exactly 2 months.

Congrats to you. It is nice to see that sometimes things just work out the way they should. Can you tell me, did your facilitator go to Guad and get your card for you?

Archived