Chapala.com Webboard

Cyclopista Safety

mkshawn

Cudos to the organization &/or persons responsible for the significant bike safety upgrade along the Cyclopista! Starts just east of the Hole-in-one/Sunshine Restaurant stage and is progressing west towards the Libermento. I am hoping they get that far as that stage is currently a disaster waiting to happen. Cars feel they can go anywhere to get one car ahead & turn right onto the Libermento in front of the Black Coffee. At times I have seen 3-4 abreast racing to make the turn.

Take A look, take a bike ride! Really well done!

The cyclopista is a great idea but in many ways a disaster waiting to happen. Cars routinely cut across it, buses use it to stop, motorbikes and ATVs treat it like a race track. I am a biker and I frequently drive across without checking for bikes! I simply forget and it shocks me after the fact. The thing is, if bikers forget to check when driving, what about people who don't even think about bikes? Bottom line, if you ride you really have to be extra careful. This is not yet a bike conscious environment. Ride defensively.

Archived