Chapala.com Webboard

Driving from No. Cal

Guest mdennis

It depends on WHAT is the purpose of your visit. If you are coming down to check the place out first,,,,then fly from Sacramento, Oakland or San jose (Volaris has nonstop). We came/drove from NorCal (Oakland, Bay area).

If you are coming to stay,,,,you can drive using Nogales border (Arizona), BUT read the forum on bringing in US plated cars. If you decide to stay for good, bringing a US plated car is not that good of an idea. If you plan to go back, then driving can be fun (assuming you are not scared of your own shadow).

I plan to be back in Cali in 3 or 4 days. PM me if you want to chat when I am back.

Adios

If you want to fly, there are non-stop flights from either Sacramento or San Jose to Guadalajara on Volaris Airlines www.volaris.com .

I drove down here by myself in 2010 with no major problems. The trip from the border (Nogales) took 2 days Take highway 15 all the way and be sure to stay on the toll roads. As far as places to stay if you drive, I will leave that to other posters on this forum. Please contact me when you arrive as I have started a California group which meets monthly. Great group of diverse people and wonderful conversations. My email is jeanneb@sbcglobal.net I'm from Sacramento.

It depends on WHAT is the purpose of your visit. If you are coming down to check the place out first,,,,then fly from Sacramento, Oakland or San jose (Volaris has nonstop). We came/drove from NorCal (Oakland, Bay area).

If you are coming to stay,,,,you can drive using Nogales border (Arizona), BUT read the forum on bringing in US plated cars. If you decide to stay for good, bringing a US plated car is not that good of an idea. If you plan to go back, then driving can be fun (assuming you are not scared of your own shadow).

I plan to be back in Cali in 3 or 4 days. PM me if you want to chat when I am back.

Adios

I just sent you a PM

Archived