Chapala.com Webboard

Hearing Aids

Hearing aids can be expensive. Therefore, it might really be worthwhile to go directly to Guadalajara. A friend of mine got excellent service at the following address there :

http://www.cylex.com.mx/guadalajara/salamanca+audifonos+m.r+para+sordera%2cs.a.+de+c.v-11211485.html

(it is the one on Morelos)

Rony

Hearing aids are indeed expensive. My husband has found the service from Lakeside Hearing Services more personal and better than Costco, with same prices. A friend's experience at Costco has meant going back to Costco in Guad when anything goes wrong and waiting a long time to have a hearing aid repaired.

Try Pollo (Lakeside Hearing Services). He comes weekly to LCS. Or call his cell: 045 331 511 4088. He speaks perfect English.

Lexy

Hearing aids are indeed expensive. My husband has found the service from Lakeside Hearing Services more personal and better than Costco, with same prices. A friend's experience at Costco has meant going back to Costco in Guad when anything goes wrong and waiting a long time to have a hearing aid repaired.

Try Pollo (Lakeside Hearing Services). He comes weekly to LCS. Or call his cell: 045 331 511 4088. He speaks perfect English.

Lexy

I found the service people in Costco very personal and caring. But it did mean making an extra trip to pick them up. BTW, the man at LCS is Polo.

I found the service people in Costco very personal and caring. But it did mean making an extra trip to pick them up. BTW, the man at LCS is Polo.

Yes, I misspelled Polo's name. A typo really.

I didn't say Costco people weren't personable and caring, but that my husband found Polo more so. Our friend's experience was more troublesome than just a second trip to Costco to pick up his hearing aids. Twice one of his hearing aids required repairs and twice he had a long time waiting for them to be repaired and returned. In my husband's experience, when he needed a repair Polo supplied a temporary replacement.

I'm sure lots of people are as satisfied with Costco as we are with Polo. I was passing on a choice to the original poster who asked for advice.

Lexy

Second the motion on Polo Gonzalez at LCS. Besides know what he's doing, he's also a patient and compassionate person who is used to dealing with older people. Another plus is that he does repairs himself, so you needn't go without the hearing aids for a long time while they are being repaired elsewhere. Usually, he can fix them on the spot.

And of course, there's avoiding the trip to Costco. My husband has had his tweaked many times and wouldn't enjoy doing that trip to get it done.

Hearing aids ARE expensive, no matter where you have them made, but the improvement in quality of life.........priceless.

Most hearing loss that is connected to aging is loss of the higher decible range of sounds sounds. If you are tested and that is the diagnosis, there is an alternative. I ordered what is called a personal sound amplifier.. The main difference between that and a hearing aid is that it is not programmable whch means it will only amplify the higher decible sounds for which it was created. However, having worn regular hearing aids for many years I found that the device I bought after MUCH research, has a patented technology which takes out background sounds that stopped me from hearing conversations in a crowd when I wore regular hearing aids.. It is much smaller and much cheaper than regular hearings aids. For me they have been a life change. I can be with a group of people and still hear with clarity the conversations. It has 4 volume levels and is easy to adjust. They are very tiny, about 1/2 the size of the standard hearing aid.

They are going to be coming out with a programmable hearing aid but they will be much more expensive.

I paid about $1000.00 US for the pair.. That includes shipping, sales tax and wax guards for each one. They came with a 30 day return guarantee. I got them from the manufacturer. Rather than having them sent here and go through customs, I sent them to someone in the US who brought them down for me.

They can be ordered from Costco in the US and will cost a bit less. I do not know what the return policity is from Costco.

They are made by Able Planet.

Archived