Chapala.com Webboard

Alfredo's Galeria

Has anyone bought or sold on consignment at Alfredo's just down the side street from Farmacia Guadalajara in Ajijic. He has quite a nice assortment of collectables and some antiques. I left a piece of china with him and he sold it. When I went there yesterday I was told it was sold about a month ago and when I asked him why he hadn't called me he replied he thought I would come by. So there I was and I asked for my money which he said he didn't have there. I told him I would be by the next day. When I went there he still didn't have any money and probably wouldn't have any for a couple of weeks. When I told him that was not satisfactory he just threw his hands in the air and said he just couldn't pull money out when I want it. I told him that was stealing and left.

Has anyone done business there? What has been your experience?

he came to my house to buy some furniture outright. the price was a bit low, but i took a deposit. later i changed my mind & returned his $$, got a reciept. then i sent a friend to him & he purchased something from her (outright). my only experience w/him is selling outright. i ONLY consign w/barbaras bazaar. they have been here 30 years. btw, i finally did give the furniture to barbaras bazaar, it sold w/in days. much better price even w/the commission than alfredo offered me. sorry for you.

Has anyone bought or sold on consignment at Alfredo's just down the side street from Farmacia Guadalajara in Ajijic. He has quite a nice assortment of collectables and some antiques. I left a piece of china with him and he sold it. When I went there yesterday I was told it was sold about a month ago and when I asked him why he hadn't called me he replied he thought I would come by. So there I was and I asked for my money which he said he didn't have there. I told him I would be by the next day. When I went there he still didn't have any money and probably wouldn't have any for a couple of weeks. When I told him that was not satisfactory he just threw his hands in the air and said he just couldn't pull money out when I want it. I told him that was stealing and left.

Has anyone done business there? What has been your experience?

I have always had problems with the Consignments Shops in Ajijic, with getting my money. Have to return and return to get it, if ever.

I have to be honest and tell you that I have been using Chapala's Consignment Shoppe in Chapala, for the past 8 years and they have ALWAYS had my money ready on the 5th of the month. If it sells in March, you will get your money on the the 5th of April, without fail. Those people know how to satisfy customers. Just my 2 cents.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Another vote for the Chapala consignment store. I have sold many items there and I hever had any problem getting my money.

update for alfredo galeria: my friend passed by today. he is IN business. he saw your comment here & asked alfredo what happened. alfredo said that you didnt have a reciept but he rememered you. told you to come on a a few days as he sometimes dosnt have enough cash. but you returned the following day. when he found the receipt he called you, but no answer. i think he mentioned to my friend that he has your $ also a copy of your receipt. you can pick up your cash.

Archived